Bug in Donation Form Module

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #134537 by Dave B
Bug in Donation Form Module was created by Dave B
When using a JoomDonation Donation Form module on a page the module is adding meta tags in the body of the page which is messing up the Open Graph share settings on Facebook shares or other social media sites.

No module should add meta tags to a Joomla menu item. That is the job of the menu item or a plugin.

Facebook picks up the wrong page because your URL meta tag points to the extension URL and ignores the meta tags in the head section where they belong. All you need to do it remove these from the module to fix this so the only meta tags added to the page are from the Open Graph extension being used.

See the attached images. The Link Preview is showing the campaign details, not the page I am sharing. No meta tags should be in the page body down on line 275. This is very unusual.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #134538 by Dave B
Replied by Dave B on topic Bug in Donation Form Module
If you research this issue it's certainly not good practice.

META tags are only allowed within HEAD (just like, say, TITLE) so by putting it into a BODY, you're essentially creating an invalid markup.

I'm sorry the module has this issue, but I hope you can just fix this and release and update for all of your users.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134565 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Bug in Donation Form Module
As i answered through ticket system, i will find solution to make the change for you, but this is not Joom Donation issue, and i won't add it into core of Joom Donation.
I will let you know when i find out the way to disable meta tags in JD Forms module for you
Dam

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #134592 by Dave B
It is clearly an issue with JoomDonation. The module is adding meta tags outside the head of the page. WC3's website and any other website for professional developers all say NO META tags in the body of the HTML. What is so hard to understand about that?

More
3 years 11 months ago #134593 by Mr. Dam
The module JD Forms calls the Donation form through common Donation layout. And in this layout, we have Meta tags to show information of Donation form like Campaign title, Picture of Campaign, Short description..etc. In general, it's not the bug of Joom Donation.
Dam

More
3 years 11 months ago #134594 by Mr. Dam
As i replied through Ticket system, when i have solution to do it, i will let you know.
Thanks
Dam

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #134595 by Dave B
It needs to be in the core or the module. No hacking or overriding this. Modules should not add meta tags, and certainly not in the body of the page. Please just fix it and release an update.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134596 by Mr. Dam
Sorry, it's not issue of Joom Donation, so i won't not add the change into core of Joom Donation, it will effect to different existing customers.
Hope you understand.
Thanks
Dam

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #134597 by Dave B
No, this is completely untrue. If anyone is using a module then it's not supposed to be controlling the meta tags on the page. So either they did not notice the issue or they will be happy it's fixed like me. It's sharing the wrong page on Facebook. How is this possibly not an issue for EVERYONE who might use this?

You are in missing the point of the issue. Do you know how Joomla works? These things are all laid out very clearly. This is just an oversight and should be corrected in the core. Modules don't control the page meta tags. That's why there is no Joomla menu item for a module. Maybe research how Joomla works before telling me it's not an issue.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt