Live Stripe donation was not marked 'paid'

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #134405 by spitjack
I just tested a live donation, but the successful payment was not automatically marked 'paid' in the JD back end. Is there a configuration setting I missed? Both Stripe and my bank account confirm the successfully completed transaction. Do I need another webhook, e.g. "transfer.paid" or "payment_intent.succeeded"?

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by spitjack. Reason: added question about webhooks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #134441 by spitjack
Replied by spitjack on topic Live Stripe donation was not marked 'paid'
The webhook parameters in the 'readme' file that came with my build (5.7.2) were not correct (the documentation is).

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

More
3 years 10 months ago #134445 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Live Stripe donation was not marked 'paid'
You can spend time to read more about JD Stripe Checkout through this documentation: joomdonationdocs.joomservices.com/documents#5-stripe-checkout
Dam

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #134447 by spitjack
Believe me, I've spent a lot of time in there. You should put a link to the documentation in the readme, not the incorrect webhook information. (And I just opened the readme in that folder and can confirm the webhook information was wrong in that "unzip_first" folder of the Stripe Checkout plugin; see image.)

Also note, for various clients I have installed and used - and continue to use - many of your components, this for a period that extends back more than a decade.

__
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by spitjack. Reason: Fix your readme, please.

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #134458 by spitjack
FBO others:
  1. when changing webhook info, a new signing secret is generated. don't forget to input this on the JD back end.
  2. in the stripe plugin readme, the webhook url ends "..os_stripecheckout." it should end "...os_stripe" per documentation
  3. the plugin readme also omits an endpoint, "invoice.payment_succeeded."

The first was my error, the others were....not.

The situation is now resolved.

__
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by spitjack.

More
3 years 10 months ago #134460 by thirdsun
Replied by thirdsun on topic Live Stripe donation was not marked 'paid'
Just to clarify - you have verified the correct webhook ends in

payment_method=os_stripe

not

payment_method=os_stripecheckout

I agree that it would be nice if the readme was correct!

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #134461 by spitjack
Yes, ends ...os_stripe not os_stripecheckout. And add the additional endpoint, too. (invoice.payment_succeeded)

(If you make any changes in the webhooks area of the stripe dashboard, they will change the signing secret without notifying you. Don't forget to reveal the new secret, copy it, then paste it into JD Stripe Checkout plugin administration.)

Documentation page joomdonationdocs.joomservices.com/documents#5-stripe-checkout

__
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by spitjack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Dam

More
3 years 10 months ago #134511 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
I am waiting for your response through Ticket system
Thanks
Dam

More
3 years 5 months ago #138502 by thirdsun
Replied by thirdsun on topic Live Stripe donation was not marked 'paid'
Hello Dam - reopening this as I now have this issue. I've used Stripe Checkout without issue, but now I'm having it not work correctly. Donations are not marked as paid, and as result emails do not go out.

I've double checked these things - the webhook URL, the signing secret, the events to send. Assuming the documentation is still correct, it should be set up correctly. Any ideas on what else to check? Does the API version at Stripe matter?

Thanks

More
3 years 5 months ago #138504 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
With this kind of issue, please submit ticket on category Joom Donation and provide your site url with super admin account. I will check the issue for you
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt