Stripe elements styling

• Russell Leigh
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134087 by Russell Leigh
Stripe elements styling was created by Russell Leigh
How can we set stripe element styles and classes?

With stripe elements instead of putting all the elements on the page in a single iframe you can mount individual elements. It's quite easy I can send you an es6 module for it if you need (attached). This then enables you to style the inputs separately, or at all without passing the style options to the create method.

stripe.com/docs/js/elements_object/create

Also there are options in stripe elements to set css styles in the create method.

stripe.dev/elements-examples/

Is there any way to do this with your stripe plugin? Is there anywhere I can add the styles for the stripe inputs? Or is there a way to output elements individually?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134089 by Dave B
Replied by Dave B on topic Stripe elements styling
I asked for this when they first added it. I hope you can pursuaded them.

• Russell Leigh
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134090 by Russell Leigh
Replied by Russell Leigh on topic Stripe elements styling
Wouldn't be difficult for them to add an option in the plugin to pass a javascript (or json) object with our styles in according to the stripe docs. Then they can just check for that variable and if it isn't null then pass in the object to the stripe elements create method

More
3 years 8 months ago #136638 by Dave B
Can we get some help on this? I do not like the layout of the Elements fields.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136645 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Stripe elements styling
Hi,
The Stripe element styling is handled by Stripe JS ( stripe.com/docs/stripe-js ) but you can try to add custom CSS (Joom Donation -> Configuration -> Custom CSS) to change stylesheet of Stripe Card Box
Below is current stylesheet of Card box:
Code:
/** * The CSS shown here will not be introduced in the Quickstart guide, but shows * how you can use CSS to style your Element's container. */ .StripeElement { box-sizing: border-box; height: 40px; padding: 10px 12px; border: 1px solid transparent; border-radius: 4px; background-color: white; box-shadow: 0 1px 3px 0 #e6ebf1; -webkit-transition: box-shadow 150ms ease; transition: box-shadow 150ms ease; } .StripeElement--focus { box-shadow: 0 1px 3px 0 #cfd7df; } .StripeElement--invalid { border-color: #fa755a; } .StripeElement--webkit-autofill { background-color: #fefde5 !important; }

Thanks
Dam

More
3 years 8 months ago #136665 by Dave B
Hi Dam, I have tried everything and nothing affects these fields. I am not a developer so I might not understand what to change. I am really asking for help to get this working.

All I need is some space around the fields. Besides, this CSS shows things that I don't see in the form. I see not shadows or borders. That's what is needed to make them look like fields. They are hard to distinguish right now.

Can you please help us get this a little more defined?

Thank you

• Russell Leigh
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #136666 by Russell Leigh
Replied by Russell Leigh on topic Stripe elements styling
There is no way to customize the elements with CSS. That is not how stripe elements work. They load the fields in a single iframe so you are unable to style the fields at all except for the Style object.

The problem is that this is using the minimum possible implementation which doesn't allow for any styling stripe.com/docs/js/elements_object/create except through the Style object stripe.com/docs/js/appendix/style

I have provided example code of how to better implement each element individually and therefore be able to wrap each element in a container and style each element completely custom stripe.com/docs/js/elements_object/create_element?type=card

The other option is to give us the ability to pass a json/js Style object parameter
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Russell Leigh.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136667 by Dave B
That's what I had thought back in the beginning. This is why I am asking for a better implementation or some other styling.

At the very least, can we get a little space around the iframe? That should be in the control of the component.

Dam, can you help us?

More
3 years 8 months ago #136668 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Stripe elements styling
Hi Dave,
At the moment, I can't afford to find a viable solution to change the structure of Stripe Elements Card. I will pay attention to search through Internet for any suitable solution.
Dam

More
3 years 8 months ago #136681 by Dave B
Hi Dam, I am asking you because the non Elements method is causing issues and spammers are bypassing the form somehow. Stripe contacted me and said to fix it. The only way is to use Elemets.

This other user has given you some way to do this. I would appreciate if you would support your product and help find a solution to this.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt