A few questions--just purchased

More
14 years 2 months ago #2381 by darin
A few questions--just purchased was created by darin
Hello,

I've read through the documentation and browsed the forums but I still have a few questions:

(My page is at www.montarafog.com )

1) The amounts are listed as radio buttons on the main page--it is possible to make it a drop down menu to conserve space? I saw the option in the component but it only seems to affect the detail screen. Could the drop-down menu also have a setting like "different amount" which would simply not-auto-fill the field on the next screen?

2) The dollar amounts have two decimal places--can I have no decimals? Not many people will give $14.76--they'll just give $15 or whatever. I'm looking for a cleaner design.

3) On the main page you can see a little blue ball with an "I" in it--mousing over it gives a pop-up that says "Amount Donation." Not really useful! How do I remove it?

Now, moving on to the next screen after you hit donate....

4) I can't find a field control for "First Name." Right now it is not only visible but mandatory. I don't think I want to require donors to identify themselves if the don't want to--how to I control the "First Name" field?

5) There is a line of text that reads "Use this form to make an online donation. If this is for something specific, please note that in the comment box"--how do I edit this text?

Thanks--component looks great so far!

--Darin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2383 by kiwi2b
Replied by kiwi2b on topic Re:A few questions--just purchased
Hey, these are great questions, and I'm hoping for an answer too! Gotta say though the support here is a bit slow...

More
14 years 2 months ago #2384 by darin
Replied by darin on topic Re:A few questions--just purchased
Well, while we wait...

I think i found the answer to #2...look in modules/mod_jdonation/tmpl/default.php

You see line:
Code:
case 1: for ($i = 0 , $n = count($amounts); $i < $n; $i++) { $amount = $amounts[$i]; ?> <input type="radio" name="rd_amount" value="<?php echo $amount; ?>" /> <?php echo $currencySymbol.number_format($amount, 2);?><br /> <?php } break; case 2: for ($i = 0 , $n = count($amounts); $i < $n; $i++) { $amount = (float)$amounts[$i]; ?> <input type="radio" name="rd_amount" value="<?php echo $amount; ?>" /> <?php echo $currencySymbol.number_format($amount, 2);?><br /> <?php }

Look for two instances of "$amount, 2"--the "2 seems to be the number of decimal places. I cahnged both of mine to "0" and all seems well.

I'm looking for the answer to the others...

--Darin

More
14 years 2 months ago #2385 by darin
Replied by darin on topic Re:A few questions--just purchased
I found the code for all the question expect #4--but the code is too complicated for me (who knows almost nothing about php) to mess with...sigh.

--Darin

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt