Notification question

• Sharon Van Muysen
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 week ago #157775 by Sharon Van Muysen
Notification question was created by Sharon Van Muysen
Hi,

We have multiple members in our "Staff" group. My co-worker, who is in that "staff" group, has reported she is receiving comments for tickets she's not assigned to.

Is this happening because she's listed as a manager for the category? Or is there anything else that can cause her to receive messages for these tickets assigned to someone else?

If necessary, I can open a ticket for this topic.

Thanks,
Sharon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #157782 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Notification question
Hi Sharon

The only reason I can think about this issue is that she is added as manager of category.

Tuan

• Sharon Van Muysen
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 week ago #157784 by Sharon Van Muysen
Replied by Sharon Van Muysen on topic Notification question
Hi, every staff member is a "manager" for all of our categories because all of our listed staff members need to be able to view tickets in all categories.

Unless category manager means something else?

We did notice that if a staff member isn't assigned to any category then none of their tickets would display.

Sharon

• Sharon Van Muysen
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 week ago #157809 by Sharon Van Muysen
Hi,

I need to make a correction on this statement: "We did notice that if a staff member isn't assigned to any category then none of their tickets would display."

I haven't been able to replicate that issue. I think not having assigned the user any tickets, the ticket display was empty. I think we expected that staff members would be able to view all tickets, not just the ones they were assigned.

Thanks,
Sharon

More
1 year 1 week ago #157810 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Sharon

That's not right. Staff can only view and reply to tickets which they are assigned to. If you want to allow someone to view all tickets, add him as one of the Managers of the category

Regards,

Tuan

• Sharon Van Muysen
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 week ago #157811 by Sharon Van Muysen
I think the biggest problem is once a person is a manager of a category then they are sent notifications for all comments on the ticket, even if they aren't assigned to it.

We have three people, including myself, who need to see all tickets even if we're not assigned to the ticket, but we don't want need to see comments for each other's tickets. We only want to see comments if we're assigned to the ticket.

Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks,
Sharon

More
1 year 6 days ago #157826 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
So you want to see all tickets from Tickets List, but does not want to be able to click on a ticket to see it's details when you are not assigned to the ticket?

For that, I think you will need to customize code of the extension to make it works in the way you want

Regards,

Tuan

• Sharon Van Muysen
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 6 days ago #157839 by Sharon Van Muysen
Hi,

"So you want to see all tickets from Tickets List, but does not want to be able to click on a ticket to see it's details when you are not assigned to the ticket?"

Not quite, we want everyone in our team to be able to see all tickets and ticket details, but if they aren't assigned to the ticket not receive email updates on comments from tickets they aren't assigned to.

My co-workers are getting slammed with email notification updates from tickets that don't belong to them.

Right now the issue is email notifications going to people who aren't assigned to the ticket.

I hope this helps explain the problem better.

Thanks,
Sharon

More
1 year 6 days ago #157841 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Sharon

I don't really understand how you setup it at the moment, so I could not give you an exactly answer. However, if someone is assigned as Managers of the category, they will receive notification from all actions happens from tickets from that category

In case you don't want them to receive email when someone add comments to the ticket, this is your own need and code customization would be needed

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc