Trouble with Access Levels and HelpDesk Pro

More
9 years 4 months ago #55785 by John
I'm trying to implement Helpdesk Pro on my website, but I'm having some trouble.

I've got it installed. That was easy.

I've got a couple of categories set up. That was easy.

I created a User Group in Joomla called Support Staff. That was easy.

I entered a ticket (logged in with an account that is set to Super User). That was easy.

In the frontend of my site, while logged in to my Super User account, I can see the ticket when going to Manage Tickets. That works.

I created a new user for one of my employees and assigned him to the Joomla User Group "Support Staff". That was easy.

When logged into his account, he can see the ticket that I created, through the Manage Tickets. That works.

However, if I log into my site, using another account that is just a 'Registered' account, I can also see the ticket that I created (using a different account), through Manage Tickets. That is not good. This means that any customer who is registered on my site can 'see' everyone's tickets. I must have something set wrong that is allowing all registered users to see tickets that are not –their- tickets.

Also, when my employee logs in, and opens a ticket to replay to it, he does not have 'permission' to change the status of that ticket (such as from New to Pending). In the Categories, I set the Access Level for each Category, to "Support Staff", and I entered his Joomla username into the "Managers" field, so I would expect him to be able to completely 'manage' a ticket.

What am I doing wrong? Everything seemed 'easy', but something apparently wasn't as 'easy' as I thought it was, to set this up properly.

John Rayfield, Jr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc