Payment gateway multiple payment options

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #60810 by Hans
Hey Giang,

I know we discussed this before in PM but I want to bring this suggestion to your attention one more time through this forum because I think others might want the same feature.

Currently with Eshop it is possible to select only one payment option in each plugin to use. This is very inconvenient if you want to use multiple payment options from one Payment Gateway. Most payment gateways offer mutiple payment options (creditcard, bank transfer etc etc) for clients to use. This is the main reason for choosing a payment gateway, so they can handle every type of payment for you through their gateway.

After long searching I found a third party plugin from a Dutch software developer that offers more options. This third party plugin ( FOUND HERE ) allows you to select a payment gateway and then select multiple payment options that can be used in Eshop. However because Eshop does not really supported this, the plugin has solved it by adding a drop down menu under step 6 in the payment process. The downside is well it should really be under step 5 and also you can not add extra cost for different payment types.

I have been in touch with the third party developer and he said he cannot change this unless Eshop provides support for it. He also said other products like VirtueMart, HikaShop en Akeeba Subscriptions do have support for this so should be possible.

So my request would be to add support for this. The requests are:
- being able within one Payment plugin to select mutiple payment methods
- add extra cost for each individual payment method if needed, preferably being able to choose extra cost in amount or in percentage. I see other webshops sometimes add extra cost in % of the price like creditcard companies and PayPal do.
- integration into step 5 of the payment proces for the payment options

Thanks for your time B)
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by Hans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong