When Custom field (Required = Yes) , it ignores (depend on ticket type)

• Francis Bartucca
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #167733 by Francis Bartucca
I have a custom radio field called Club. It depends on one ticket type, call it type A. There is no dependency on (Depends On Field). There is no default value for Club.The custom field Club works as expected. When customer selects Ticket Type A the field Club is shown and customer must pick a value. If customer selects Ticket Type B then Club is not shown. So all that works.However, if I make Club required (Required = Yes) something very strange happens. If customer selects Ticket Type B the field Club is not shown, which is the expected behavior because Club is only shown when customer select an A ticket. But when customer clicks on Submit Form (to buy a B ticket) some error message comes up that value of Club is not valid or something like that. I can't tell you exact message because someone else saw it on our production system which is very busy with an event now.I had remembered a problem like this before so I set (Required = No) for the Club field, set a default value and customers could then Submit Form and buy a B ticket without error. I had to do this even though the Club field is not shown for ticket B purchasesBut I need Club to be a Required field with no default value, otherwise customers keep making the same mistake over and over again.

Also, customer can only select one ticket type. Customer cannot select A and B ticket at the same time. If customer selects 2 A tickets then selects B ticket the number of A tickets goes back to zero.Thank you for considering this issue,
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #167751 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

1. For the custom field with default value issue, if you can setup an event and send me link to registration form of that test event so that I can see the issue (maybe do it after the busy time over), I will be happy to check it

2. For only allow registering for one ticket type, it is already supported. You can just edit the event, look at Ticket Types tab, set Only Allow Registering For One Ticket Type parameter to Yes and it will work

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.