custom field in recurring event

• Dimitris Klagkos
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #159004 by Dimitris Klagkos
custom field in recurring event was created by Dimitris Klagkos
Hi, I have a custom field that I want to apply to a recurring event.
That event might be repeating 30 or more times during the year. From what I can see in the custom fields, I have to choose all these recurring events one by one. Is that correct?

Because it's not practical and it makes it impossible to track what you have selected, if you have 10 or more repeats.

I tried applying the custom field to the parent event but it only works for that one, it doesn't transfer over to the child events.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #159007 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic custom field in recurring event
Hello

You can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set Use Custom Fields From Parent Event config option to Yes

Then you will only need to assign custom fields to parent event. When someone registers for a child event, the custom fields which are assigned to parent events will be used and it should work for your need

Tuan

• Dimitris Klagkos
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #159013 by Dimitris Klagkos
Replied by Dimitris Klagkos on topic custom field in recurring event
thank you so much!

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #159033 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You're welcome !

Tuan

• Dimitris Klagkos
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #159103 by Dimitris Klagkos
Hi again about this issue.
I've noticed something and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

I've tried to add some extra custom fields to one of my recurring events. The event had already started a couple of days ago.
I've noticed that no matter which one of the event names in the list I chose, it didn't work.

The only way to make it work, was to change the recurring event to only two days - and starting in the future, so I would see only two options in the dropdown list and then choose the parent one.

is that how it's supposed to work?

is that how it works

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #159104 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Dimitris

I don't really understand the issue here. Please explain more details about it.

Also, you might want to go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at Themes tab, set Show Event Date config option to Yes. Then Event Date will be displayed next to event title and you can choose the right event easier (there are many events with same title here, so it's hard to choose the right one without seeing the event date)

Tuan

• Dimitris Klagkos
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 4 days ago #159421 by Dimitris Klagkos
Sorry for taking a while to reply, I'll try to explain. I used the "Show Event Date" you suggested and it helped, but the issue remains.

I have one event, that started in 1st of June and repeats daily until the 15th of October.
As you can understand there are multiple child events/dates for this event.

As the event started, we realised that we needed an extra custom field in the registration, in order to collect more information from the customers.
I created the custom field, that I wanted assigned only to that particular event - not all of them.

Since the event started some days ago, the "parent" event is not visible in the list. If I select any date, the custom field is applied only on that certain date and not in all repeating days of the event.
Only if I assign the custom field in the parent event, then it gets assigned in all the child events.
That's fine if I add the custom field when I first create the event, but if I want to make changes later, then it's impossible, unless I first edit the dates of the event.

So what am I doing wrong?

Also there a similar issue, if I want to create a menu item, for a event details and I want to link to the parent event.
In that case the Show Event Date doesn't help as well, because the dates are not shown in the menus options.

More
10 months 3 days ago #159434 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

As I understand, you can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set Hide Past Events From Events Dropdown config option to No

Then in this case, parent event will still being displayed in the dropdown to allow you to choose for the custom field

Please check to see if that works for you

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 months 3 days ago #159435 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
BTW, you might want to use eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/fields-assignment plugin. It will allows you to assign custom fields to events easier

Tuan

• Dimitris Klagkos
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 3 days ago #159457 by Dimitris Klagkos
Thank you!

Does "Hide Past Events From Events Dropdown" affect only the backend or the front end as well?