Resend email from email log

• Jim Plasker
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #146000 by Jim Plasker
Resend email from email log was created by Jim Plasker
Hi Tuan--

Is it possible to resend a selected email directly from the email log?  I can't locate any reference to this subject in either the documentation or the Forum.

Thanks--
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #146001 by Dave B
Replied by Dave B on topic Resend email from email log
I just had to resend emails, I forgot to add an admin account and they wanted a copy. I checked the registrants in the Registrants area and clicked Resend Emails and it worked. Not sure about in the log area.

FYI, I changed the global setting to only send to admins then changed it back to Enable so everyone would get it.

• Jim Plasker
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #146002 by Jim Plasker
Replied by Jim Plasker on topic Resend email from email log
Dave--thanks for the tip. However, I just tried that for a group member and it results in the following message: "Resend confirmation email to group members is not supported/allowed."

We use the reminder messages to send individual QR Codes to each member of a group--that QR Code then becomes their individual ticket to the event. We need to be able to resend the reminder email for a group member who lost/did not receive their reminder/ticket. The email log is a perfect source for that process--if only an email resend function were available at that point.

Hopefully there is another solution?

Jim

More
2 years 8 months ago #146005 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Resend email from email log
Hi Jim

You cannot re-send email to individual group members. You need to re-send email to the group billing record and the whole group will receive email (the same as when the group registration processed)

Tuan

• Jim Plasker
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #146017 by Jim Plasker
Replied by Jim Plasker on topic Resend email from email log
Hi Tuan--

Understood. Because re-sending email to the group billing record does not appear to re-trigger/re-send the actual reminder message(s), it would be a helpful addition to also allow re-sending emails directly from the email log, which is a valuable resource. That functionality would also enable better targeting of the email(s) to be re-sent. Perhaps that could be added to the "wish" list?

Thanks for listening--

Jim

More
2 years 8 months ago #146022 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Resend email from email log
Will see. The reason is because with the email from email logs, we only have subject and email message. Attachments are not recorded there, so if we re-send email from there, all attachments won't be available in the email

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc