Custom field list selection to calculate a fee

• Carsten Bock
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #131919 by Carsten Bock
Hi,
i read that the FIELD_VALUE field in the dialog to add custom fields only calculats in combination with text fields. So i have a pretty simple but not so uncommon usecase as i have items like "hours of use" or "count of customers" that should be selectable by a customer. Pretty standard this is done by a dropdown list. Now comes the problem i need the calculation the additional fee by this selection. Is there any way to get this done with a dropdown list? Or perhaps any other workaround to get a fee calculated by a number of participants (that do not register one by one). Rest is very simple math.
Thanks in advance for any idea!
Regards
Carsten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #131922 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom field list selection to calculate a fee
Hi Carsten

For a dropdown list, you can set fee value for each of the option available in the dropdown. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...wn-custom-field-type

Regards,

Tuan

• Carsten Bock
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #131981 by Carsten Bock
Replied by Carsten Bock on topic Custom field list selection to calculate a fee
Hi Tuan,
yes that i was aware. But i have the problem to do something like i have a birthday event and it will count an unknown amount of participants. Now this will be something like a group registration with different amounts by number of participants. Now the client can buy additional hours for the event. He will select these times in the dropdown list but the prices are not a fix rate but have to be multiplied by the count of participants as every participant will stay for longer at the event. Hope you understand what i mean? Regards
Carsten

More
4 years 1 month ago #131992 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom field list selection to calculate a fee
What's the name of that field? Let says it's eb_additional_hours, you can try to edit that field, set Fee Formula to [NUMBER_REGISTRANTS]*[EB_ADDITIONAL_HOURS]

It should/might work for your need if I understand your requirement correctly

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc