How to export the Identity Field in csv file

• alexwalker
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #9337 by alexwalker
in Export Registrations.
I know this is where I need to go to make the necessary changes. The code for export function is in the file administrator/components/com_eventbooking/controller.php . You can look at the csv_export function and add the column you want ! But I need assistance to state what the code actually needs to be. If anyone can assist me I would appreciate it.

"to assume is to make an ass of u and me"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #9405 by ottomek
I'm not sure exactly but here is what I did to get the discount_amount field added to the csv.

I added this in 2 locations, in both the export data area and the group members area: (I believe this is the column name in csv file)

$csv_output .= ', Discount Amount ';

Then I added this in 2 locations, same as above but located where the fields are being called...(I think this called the db field name)

$results_arr[] = $r->discount_amount ;

I had to be sure I put them in the same order or else all the csv columns would get shifted. I just experimented, wish I could give you more clear instructions.

John

• alexwalker
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #9444 by alexwalker
Replied by alexwalker on topic Re: How to export the Identity Field in csv file
John, thanks for the post but still no joy. I can see the header but the gender type is displayed in the fields male/femail. I don't suppose you could attach all the code in a file to another post ?

More
12 years 11 months ago #9449 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to export the Identity Field in csv file
Hi

Attached is the modified file (for version 1.3.3 which I released few days ago) . You should upgrade to latest version of the extension before uploading this file. Or if you don't want to update, compare the difference between old file and new file to see how the code was modified and apply this changed to your site (Please remember backup the file first before doing the upgrade)

So the solution here is unzip this file, upload it to folder administrator/components/com_eventbooking of your site. After that, It will work as expected .

Regards,

Tuan

Attachment controller-20110529.zip not found

Attachments:

• alexwalker
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #9468 by alexwalker
Tuan, many thanks for the attached file. The Identity field is now exported. I changed the headers so they had the real field names rather than the database field names e.g. EB_Event becomes EVENT etc. Please find the attached.

More
12 years 11 months ago #9473 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to export the Identity Field in csv file
Hi Alex

If you use latest build of Event Booking version 1.3.3 (which was released few days ago), you won't have to change the text EB_EVENT to Event. Infact, EB_EVENT .... are languag string and they are defined in a language file (which can be found in administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.eventbooking.ini .

You had to modify EB_EVENT to Event because you don't have latest verison of the extension installed, and there is no language file in the back-end like I said .

Is it clear ?

Tuan

• alexwalker
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #9511 by alexwalker
Tuan, apologies for the delay in responding to your post. Yes, this worked exactly as I wanted. I now have an exported list of registrants with their own individual Idenity number. This is good when I need to give each person their own event entry number when running the marathon.I can then use that number for logging their times. Thank you for your assistance. :)

Ideally it would be good if I could assign the same Identity number to the same person next year so they could see the progression of their event times - but I suppose that would be a step too far ?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc