Several Questions

• JWellman
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #9219 by JWellman
Several Questions was created by JWellman
Hi Tuan,
Sorry for the long list of questions but I'm re-visiting the forum to see what (if any) changes have been made. My customer is currently running version 1.3.0 and their site is Located Here.

#1 Some of the issues that they have experienced have mostly been with multiple booking. I had posted to you previously in this thread: Read Here

In their admin panel the question about group registration says, "Collect Members Information in Group Registration." The instructions (or explanation) for his area is cut off, but what I see on the right says the following, "If set to Yes, registrant will need to enter member information of all members in group registration. If set to No, th" and then it stops.

Currently we have this set to no.

#2 An instructor registered a student for a class, paid his fees and all went well. A few days later he returned to sign up student number two (different name) but using the same credit card. The system told him, "Duplicate registration" even though we have the button that says, "Prevent duplicate registration" set to NO, the system would not allow him to register the second student.

#3 Is there anyway to set Event Booking up that will allow people to choose if they want to pay now, or be billed later? Currently they have it set up to lead directly to First Data, but some of the fire departments want to be invoiced.

I'm going to try and upgrade the site from 1.3.0 to 1.3.3 tonight after they leave. I'm really hoping some of the issues are corrected for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #9223 by mikej
Replied by mikej on topic Re: Several Questions
I can answer question 1 for you.

Basically it is supposed to say "If set to No, then it will not ask you for every members information" Basically, if you set to yes you have to enter registration information for how many ever tickets you have requested to buy. So if you put you want 3 tickets, you will have to entere information for each ticket. If it is set to "No" then you just enter the billing information for the 3 tickets.

#3. You could enable the "Offline Payment" payment plugin which would allow the people registering to select that as an option if they don't wish to use First Data and pay right away. When they chose that option it will be shown in the backend as "Not Paid". Send them an invoice, when they pay, go to the back end click on "Registereants" and click the red x next to Payment status, it will set them as paid. When you export out into a cvs, it will also show the status of the members.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by mikej.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 11 months ago #9239 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Several Questions
@JWellman : Questions #1 and #3 were answered by mikej. For question #2, please do the upgrade first and then test it again. If it still doesn't work, please give me more information :

1. Does the user logged in or not when he register for the students ?

2. What payment gateways you are using ?

I will wait for feedback from you before answering the questions .

Regards,

Tuan

• JWellman
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #9240 by JWellman
Replied by JWellman on topic Re: Several Questions
Thanks Mike & Tuan,
I'm on hold until tomorrow night as far as attempting the upgrade.

Tuan,
To answer your question, people do not log-in to register for classes and the site is using First Data.

• JWellman
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #9284 by JWellman
Replied by JWellman on topic Re: Several Questions
Hi Tuan,
Just to keep you updated on what I've done so far. I followed your guidelines for upgrading to 1.3.3 and everything seemed to go okay.

Once the upgrade was complete I attempted a duplicate registration. Two students using the same credit card. My first denial came from First Data saying the purchase had been declined. When I clicked 'continue' Event Booking also gave me the following message. (See screenshot) So do you think it's a First Data issue?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by JWellman.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc