what is the "extra information" tab for?

• gilles
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 days ago #9188 by gilles
In the events editing area, what is the "extra information" tab for?

Thanks,
Gilles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 days ago #9194 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: what is the "extra information" tab for?
Hi Gilles

- Event Booking has a feature which allows you to define custom fields for events - to allow display more information about events ( please note that they are used to display more information about events - not the custom fields to added on registration form to collect more information from registrants like you see In Fields Management section) . That's what you see in Extra Information Tab (this tab is only available when you set "Event Custom Field" config option to Yes in Configuration) .

- The custom fields for events are defined in an XML fields (while the custom fields for registration forms are defined in Fields management). The location of this XML file is components/com_eventbooking/fields.xml . By default, I defined two custom fields : One is a sample textbox custom field, and one is a textarea custom field . There are many custom field types can be defined , you can see it at docs.joomla.org/Standard_form_field_types .

- When you enter data for a custom field for an event, they will be displayed in the front-end (on event list page - category layout and event detail page) . A real example is that it can be used to display Adult-children price as explained in this post :

joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_ku...iew&catid=62&id=8959 .

- As you see, custom fields for Events will be used if you want to display any extra information about events. You can create custom fields to show any extra information you want about the events (beside name, description, event date....). That's why the tab is Extra information.

Are my explanation clear ?

Tuan

• gilles
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 4 days ago #9207 by gilles
Thanks Tuan,

I'm still confused as to the differrence between the two. I understand the "custom fields" feature. I actually use it. but still don't understand the "extra field".

Do you have an example of it in action? that would help.

Gilles

More
12 years 8 months ago #11110 by Diesel9a1
Replied by Diesel9a1 on topic Re: what is the "extra information" tab for?
Custom fields are for the entry forms that your subscribers complete when signing up to an event.

Extra Field is for admin when entering the event information.

I would like an Extra field where admin can enter a website address and this field, when viewed in the front end, is an active link i.e. not just plain text. Anyone know how to do this?

More
12 years 8 months ago #11113 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: what is the "extra information" tab for?
Can you try to enter the link of this website directly into the custom field :
Code:
<a href="http://joomdonation.com" target="_blank">http://joomdonation.com</a>

That should work !

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc