Free showing when adding custom fields

• mikej
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #8959 by mikej
Hello,

I searched for this issue first but I didn't find a topic for it. I have added a couple custom fields (Adult price tickets and child price tickets). The instructions say to put 0 for the price in the event. I did that and now when you click on the event (Before click individual register/group) it says "Individual Price - Free", when it isn't actually free, but the person registering wouldn't know that until they click register individual / group, then it shows the fields for adult/child prices. Is it possible to show adult/child prices BEFORE clicking "register" etc? I am needing to go live with this site rather soon, so answers to my questions would be great!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #8960 by John Chewter
Replied by John Chewter on topic Re: Free showing when adding custom fields
I have the same issue :blink:

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #8964 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Free showing when adding custom fields
Hi

The solution for this problem is as follow :

1. Go to Event Booking -> Configuration, in the Themes tab, set "Show price for free event" config option to No . By doing that, the text "Free" will not be showed when an event is free .

2. Create two custom fields for events: One to show children price and one to show adult price. We can do that as follow :

+ Go to Event Booking -> Configuration, set "Event Custom Field" config option to Yes .

+ Open the file components/com_eventbooking/fields.xml, change the file content to :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <config> <params> <param name="adult_price" type="text" label="Adult Price" description="The price for adult"></param> <param name="child_price" type="text" label="Children Price" size="50" description="The price for children"> </param> </params> </config>

(You can get the file I attached below, unzip it and upload to components/com_eventbooking folder .

3. Now when you add/edit event, you will see a new tab called "Extra Information" . In this tab, you can enter adult price and children price and It will be showed in the front-end .

Hope this help !

Regards,

Tuan

Attachment fields-20110505.zip not found

Attachments:

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #8965 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The information in this post might be helpfull for you :

joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_ku...atid=62&id=8943#8948

Regards,

Tuan

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #8966 by John Chewter
Thank you for that - very useful
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by John Chewter. Reason: I made a mistake - it was MY bug ;)

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #8971 by John Chewter
It still shows up in the cart as $0

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #8972 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
This solution only works when you disable Multiple Booking . When you use Multiple Booking (shopping cart feature), It won't work !

Regards,

Tuan

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #8975 by John Chewter
:(

More
13 years 6 days ago #9215 by Rich Zumpone
Replied by Rich Zumpone on topic Re: Free showing when adding custom fields
I've gone into the fields.xml and edited the entries as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config>
<params>
<param name="contact_info" type="textarea" rows="10" cols="35" label="Contact:" description="This is a sample of textarea field"></param>
</params>
</config>

I just wanted one field labeled "Contact:" and a text area containing the names, address, phone, email, etc. info.

In the admin panel the text area shows as a large area for text entry but any carriage return or html code, such as <br>, truncates the rest of the info fro appearing on the front end.

I did go into the default.php file for events and added code that would allow use of a Joomla editor to manage data entry into this field. On the back end the Extra Information tab did display the Joomla editor and alllowed for html, but this information did not appear on the front end.

In the database I changed the table definition to LONGTEXT - that did not work (changed it back to text).

How can I add multiple lines of text in the text area (without adding numerous "spaces")?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc