Search box on the wrong place in de category table

• Peter Nent
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #8375 by Peter Nent
In the Category Table view of Event Booking in our website (using Yootheme's YOO_NEO template), the search box is on the wrong place: not in the header, but somewhere over the list.....

How should I solve this ?

Grtz.
HCC Nederland / Peter
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8399 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Search box on the wrong place in de category table
Hi

This is really strange. Could you please send me the link to your site so that I can have a look at it and check it ? Maybe something related to css of your site .

Thanks,

Tuan

• Peter Nent
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #8400 by Peter Nent
Dear Tuan,

First of all, many thanks for your fast reply!

Our website is: groepen.hcc.nl

I've created an TEST-account for you on that site: the account details will be send to you by E-mail.

Details:
- login
- choose: 'Registranten overzicht (*)' within the Gebruikersmenu (=Usermenu) or use this link: groepen.hcc.nl/registranten-overzicht.html
and notice that the search box of this list is somewhere deep below right where it doesn't belong.....

As I don't know much about CSS (we are using a slightly modified version of the YOO_NEO template from Yootheme), we are not able to determine the exact reason for this problem....

Please help.

Grtz,
Peter

• Peter Nent
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #8401 by Peter Nent
Dear Tuan,

First of all, many thanks for your fast reply!

Our website is: groepen.hcc.nl

I've created a TEST-account for you on that site: the account details will be send to you by E-mail.

Details:
- login
- choose: 'Registranten overzicht (*)' within the Gebruikersmenu (=Usermenu) or use this link: groepen.hcc.nl/registranten-overzicht.html
and notice that the search box of this list is somewhere deep below right where it doesn't belong.....

As I don't know much about CSS (we are using a slightly modified version of the YOO_NEO template from Yootheme), we are not able to determine the exact reason for this problem....

Please help.

Grtz,
Peter
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Peter Nent.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8441 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Search box on the wrong place in de category table
Hi Peter

Could you please send me the account information via email or support ticket system ? I still don't receive the account information yet and could not check the issue !

Thanks,

Tuan

More
13 years 1 month ago #8456 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Peter

Thanks for sending me the information. I checked the site and found that It was an issue with css of your site template (the search box has id="search" attribute, so it is affected by your site template css . I just changed it and It works well now .

Please go to your site to check it !

Thanks,

Tuan

• Peter Nent
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #8459 by Peter Nent
Dear Tuan,

First of all: MANY thanks for solving this problem !

Question: in order to enable me to 'learn' from this: can you inform me WHERE you changed WHAT ?

Grtz,Peter

More
13 years 1 month ago #8461 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Peter

In the file components/com_eventbooking/views/registrants/tmpl/default.php, there is the searchbox. The original code for that searchbox is :
Code:
<input type="text" name="search" id="search" value="<?php echo $this->lists['search'];?>" class="text_area" onchange="document.adminForm.submit();" />

Please note id="search" in the code . Since your site template has css command to change the position of the textbox with id="search", I had to move the id="search" attribute in the code . After that, It works well !

Hope it is clear !

Thanks,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc