Ticket Types - Collect Members Information only for one Ticket Type

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 1 day ago #164943 by Ernie
I'm assembling an event for a client that has multiple registration options. Some require the collection of member information, but some do not. It seems that the Collect Members Information is either on or off for the whole event and can't be specified for each option.

I can see how confusing it can get - if someone registers for an event and chooses more than one option and each of those options offered more than one item.

Here's the situation:
1-3 golfers - with Collect Members Information enabled, there will be a name/email field for each.
Foursome - with Collect Members Information enabled, there would be only one name/email field. This might be solved by creating a Custom Field to collect the names of all four golfers, maybe, but it's a little clumsy.
If I disable Collect Members Information, only one registration name will be collected even if they chose three golfers, and if they chose two or more foursomes, there would only be enough fields to enter the name of one person for each foursome.

There are also several "sponsorship" options, some of which include two golfers, and some four; then there is a hole sponsor option where the registrant could purchase up to 18 holes - but with Collect Members Information enabled, it would show up to 18 Name and Email Address fields, which wouldn't make any sense because it's one person buying multiple hole sponsorships.

I don't know if it would be a new feature request that each option in a multi-option Ticket Type scenario have its own setting for Collect Members Information, or if there's some other way to achieve that level of flexibility.

It occurs to me that I can set up the sponsorships as a Custom Field (Option box) so that registrants can select their sponsorship separately from the other registration types, and do the same with Hole Sponsors as a drop-down Custom Field. But I seem to recall an issue with that - when I limit the number of people who can select a sponsorship option using the Custom Field, it turns off the entire event registration when that limit is reached.

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 day ago #164949 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ernie

1. Allow collecting members information for each ticket type could be difficult to implement. This is a special request, so I don't have plan to support it for now

2. For using custom fields quantity, I will have a look at it again. But in the latest version, I believe if you mark the field as not required, it won't block registration for the event if all options of that field is fully booked. Give it a try

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc