Google Maps Javascript API error

• LMKweb
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 3 days ago - 3 months 3 days ago #163776 by LMKweb
Google Maps Javascript API error was created by LMKweb
Hi Tuan,

I have a site that's had the API keys for Google Maps entered and working properly for a few years. However, I just checked and the maps are no longer loading properly. There are a handful of error messages and warnings in the console, but the one that stands out to me below mentions transitioning from v2 to v3 of he Maps Javascript API. The site is running Joomla 3.10.12 and Events Booking 4.7.0; is it possible there's a plugin that needs updating separately? See the error messages below:

Oops! Something went wrong.
This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.
Code:
Google Maps JavaScript API has been loaded directly without a callback. This is not supported and can lead to race conditions and suboptimal performance. For supported loading patterns please see https://goo.gle/js-api-loading Fea @ maps.google.com/maps…rGo&v=quarterly:214 google.maps.event.addDomListener() is deprecated, use the standard addEventListener() method instead: https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/API/EventTarget/addEventListener The feature will continue to work and there is no plan to decommission it. Google Maps JavaScript API has been loaded directly without a callback. This is not supported and can lead to race conditions and suboptimal performance. For supported loading patterns please see https://goo.gle/js-api-loading util.js:58 Google Maps JavaScript API warning: NoApiKeys https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#no-api-keys

From the last link:
Code:
NoApiKeys
WarningThe script element that loads the API has no API key. Please make sure you include a valid API key as a 
Code:
key
 parameter. You can generate a new API key in the Cloud Console.To get an API key, click the button below to get started.
Get Started If you are loading Maps JavaScript API from the deprecated v2 path, you will get the 
Code:
NoApiKeys
 warning, even if you specified the 
Code:
key
 parameter. Please check the  v2 to v3 upgrade guide  and migrate your application to Maps JavaScript API v3.
The site already has an API key that is properly restricted and hasn't changed in over 5 years.
Last edit: 3 months 3 days ago by LMKweb. Reason: Fix code

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 days ago #163795 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Google Maps Javascript API error
From my experience, maybe it causes by mootools in Joomla 3? Could you please install and enable this plugin extensions.joomla.org/extension/mootools-enabler-disabler/ to see if it solves the issue ?

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: LMKweb

• LMKweb
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 days ago #163797 by LMKweb
Replied by LMKweb on topic Google Maps Javascript API error
Yes, that fixed the issue! I've used this plugin on a different site to fix the Google Recaptcha problem, it didn't occur to me that mootools might also be conflicting with Google Maps. Thank you!

More
3 months 2 days ago #163800 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I only guessed because Google recaptcha and Google Maps are both from Google :)

• LMKweb
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 days ago #163801 by LMKweb
Replied by LMKweb on topic Google Maps Javascript API error
Good guess!

More
3 months 2 days ago #163803 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc