Asterisk on eMail when Not Required

• Malinthas
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #7600 by Malinthas
Asterisk on eMail when Not Required was created by Malinthas
In my Group Member Fields for all of my events, I have made eMail optional (set the radio button to "No" under "Require"). This has been done both in the general configuration and in the individual events. However, the red asterisk (*) indicating it is a required field still appears. This disconcerts my users, since many of the registrants are young children, and do not have addresses to enter.

I checked the functionality, and while the forms do allow you to progress without entering an address into the field, there is no way for the average end-user to know that; they are simply choosing not to attend my event. I have tried re-saving the event after reversing and resetting the setting; no effect. Changing the auto-reminder setting for the event also has no effect. Repeated refreshes likewise useless. This is distressting, and I am losing attendees for my fundraiser. How can I get the form to accept the component's settings? Thanks,

~Mainthas the Yodeling Mage
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Malinthas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Malinthas
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #7601 by Malinthas
Replied by Malinthas on topic Re: Asterisk on eMail when Not Required
Never mind; I figured this one out on my own.

File: register/tmpl/group_member.php

Line: 161

Original Text:
Code:
<?php echo JText::_('EB_EMAIL'); ?><span class="required">*</span>

Modified Text:
Code:
<?php echo JText::_('EB_EMAIL'); ?><?php if ($this->config->gr_email) echo '<span class="required">*</span>'; ?>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc