Enable registrant to change their registration

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #158498 by Ernie
I thought there was a feature for registered users to be able to log in and edit their event registration to make changes after registration.
Was I mistaken?
The customer had a registrant who registered for an event and then decided to add a fee-based option (a sponsorship) to their existing registration.
I thought there was something in the Configuration where that could be set, but I couldn't find it.
If this is an existing feature, how can I enable it? When enabled, is there any way for the registrant to pay the additional cost through PayPal (or whatever their original payment method was)?
If it's not an existing feature, please consider this an enhancement request.

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #158499 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Enable registrant to change their registration
Hi Ernie

You can create a menu item to link to Registration History menu item type of Events Booking. Registrants can then login, access to that menu item to see their registration history and update registration record if needed

However, we do not allow updating value of a fee field because there is not a way to allow them to pay the different amount here

Tuan

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #158500 by Ernie
I have the menu item set up for logged-in users, but there doesn't seem to be a way to change the registration - my customer couldn't find a way either.

Is it a setting in the configuration that I couldn't find, or is it a setting in the event?

And it wouldn't be for the purpose of changing a fee field, but choosing an option created as a custom field.

So if someone registered for an event, but didn't select an option that would increase the total amount, then wanted to go back and add that option, there needs to be a way to do it - and some way for them to pay the additional amount.

The issue is that if they tried to register again, they would have to pay the base amount again in addition to the added option cost.

Would the workaround be to allow the registrant to cancel a registration so that they could re-register with the option selected? Would a cancelation trigger a refund of the original PayPal transaction?

Thank you,
Ernie

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #158501 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Enable registrant to change their registration
Hi Ernie

1. It's strange that you cannot find a way to edit the registration data. What happens when you clicked on that menu item? You should see list of registration records there, click on a record will allow you to edit it.

2. Cancel registration does not process refund automatically, sorry. What payment method you are using? Maybe some customization to the code could be implemented to allow that

Regards,

Tuan

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #158505 by Ernie
I tested the process with an active event and I see the buttons - I was previously looking at the old event which had passed - so I can see why it had no options. the golf event is active, so I see the buttons, but they are not clickable - they're just text in a box:

I I tried refreshing the page and opening it in a different browser, but those buttons are not clickable.

In my tests I use offline payment because I'm not really registering. But customers usually pay with PayPal.

Thank you,
Ernie

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #158513 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Not sure what button you are talking about? To edit the registration record, you can click on the First Name of the registration record, it is linked to registrant edit screen

Tuan

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #158522 by Ernie
There are two red buttons below the "Pending" text in the Status column. They are not clickable.

I clicked on the first name and it allowed me to edit the record, but when I add a fee-based option, it does not change the price. This was an offline payment. If it was PayPal, I could understand how it might not work because then you'd have to support the ability to apply multiple payments based on each modification that changes the price.

We just need to work through how everything behaves to be sure we can account for the ways some customers might interact with the process. In this case, the event is $99. The registrant completed his registration and later decided to choose a fee-based option. He can't do it by editing the original registration record. And if he wants to do it by registering a second time, he gets charged the original $99. So it becomes a problem.

The only workaround would be to set those fee-based options to have an "only" option - in other words, we'd calculate the amount based on subtracting the base amount from the total. It could potentially get a little confusing, especially when there are a few different fee-based fields involved.

Thank you,
Ernie

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #158523 by Ernie
Actually, after I clicked "Save & Close", the dollar amount DID change to reflect the updated amount. Not sure what that would trigger if the payment method was PayPal - would it take the user to PayPal to pay the difference and update the record & transaction ID?

Thank you,
Ernie

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #158531 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ernie

If users use online payment method such as PayPal, they are not allowed to change fee options for the registration. That is only possible for offline payment only. For online payment, there is no possibility to pay the difference, that's why it is not allowed to change these fee options

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc