Went live with Event Booking (Two new issues)

• JWellman
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #7446 by JWellman
Tuan,
We went live with the site at www.ifia.org The customer is having two issues that I cannot find an explanation for.

1. Students have registered for events and successfully paid for the classes with First Data. The owner of the site switches their status to "Paid" but the number of registered users for each class is not calculating. No matter how many have enrolled, the status stills says "0" registered. For the time being we have disabled showing the number of registered users. We thought it would be better to take out the entire column until the issue is fixed.

2. The customer wants the ability to have Group Registration and also registration for multiple events. When I click "Yes" for group registration and 'yes' for multiple events, they do not work together. I can only do one or the other. Is there something wrong or this not an option?

Jessica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JWellman
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #7452 by JWellman
Tuan,

In reference to problem #1

I learned that the number of registered users is not appearing beside the students who were manually entered by the site owner. She had a stack of mail-in registrations and entered them herself into Event Booking (without payment because they had sent checks) and then marked them paid.

The students who came onto the site and registered, paid and did the entire Event Booking process are showing up as 'Registered.'

Is there a work-around for this so that all of them show as registered?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7459 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Went live with Event Booking (Two new issues)
Hi Jessica

Regarding issue #1, you need to ask your client to set the registration record to published . After that, the registrant will be counted to total registrants .

Regarding issue #2 :

When you enable multiple booking, the group registration will be disabled because there is no need for group registration anymore . If you want to register for a group with 2 registrants for example, you can simply enter 2 into quantity textbox . I know there are still some limitation with multiple booking (doesn't allow enter information of each registrant in case there is more than one registrants register for an event) and still finding a solution to make it more flexiable and easier to use . We will address this limitation on future version .

Thanks,

Tuan

More
13 years 2 months ago #7862 by TMA
Hi Tuan,

I sent you an email on this topic but thought I would post here as well.

We really need to register and track multiple groups, in multiple events with a single purchase.

Example, I need a parent to register 2 children in one event and 3 children in another and possibly another child in another event, THEN go to the checkout process. On our end we need to track each individual child and which class they are in as well as the other custom fields. I am on a tight deadline for this so any recommendation you can make would be very helpful.

Thanks.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8059 by pqxca
I also would need that possibility on short notice. As an easy approach I would recommend to assign the choice for Multiple event Y/N to a category rather than in the general configuration.
I have recurring events, where I would like to allow multiple booking, i.e. renting equipment for 2 or 3 successive days. Now if I set my event to recurring per each day, the user would have to register for each single day seperately.
On the other hand, I have regular events in another categoory, where I need to allow group registration.
So both cannot work together yet.

Despite of this: this component is much better than DT, faster to set up, no necessity to change the styling as it comes very neutral and it is much better structured and intuitive. And also it is an integrated solution, not this laborious and very time consuming approach with JEvents here and then DT on top.Thks.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8542 by reeg99
Any news on when it will be possible to combine the group booking facility (i.e. entering details for each entrant) with the multiple booking feature?

My intended use is simiar to a previous post where parents are booking sessions for after school care and somedays they might need it for 1 child and some days more than 1 - in all cases we require the child's name. They often want to book a number of days at a time, so the ability to combine more than 1 booking in a single transaction is a must also.

By the way I echo the sentiments about DT Register which I've also being evaluating - had been waiting for them to introduce a shopping cart, which they just did, but it doesn't work well and busted the repeating events feature. An update is promised soon, but I'd rather not have to go back to them

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc