Add Membership Pro Plan Title to Event Registration information

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 8 months ago #153456 by David Unwin
Our Events Booking system is closly tied in with our EB Membership System. The way it works is that our users sign up for a membership plan either individual or group. When they have signed up they get assigned a Membeship Plan and an associated Joomla group via the Membership Pro Joomla Group Settings options. Examples User signs up for A1 Plan (adult) they get aassiged a  Joomla group of A1.  A2C2 (Two adults and 2 children), the user gets assigned Joomla group A2C2.  Discounts for our events are based on The Joomla User group. If they are Public or Registered, they pay full price for Events. If they are Member ie A1, they get a discount. If they are A2C2 they get a different discount. This works very well.
However, we would like to analyse our ticket sales (registrations)  by different users such as general public an membership types (plans).  The only way we can do this is to look at the discount amounts in the registration field.  It would be really useful for us to have a custom field in the registration record that identifies if the user has a membership and if so, what plan they have. 
The only way I can see to do this is to have a custom field and the use some SQL coding to go and find if the user has a membership plan and if so plug the custom field with the Plan Name.  
My question is: Is this feasible?
Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #153457 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I don't think it could be handled by custom fields for this requirement. I guess some customization to the code will be needed to allow showing the plan of registrant on the registration record. That should not be hard

Also, what happens if user subscribed for more than one plan? Do you want to only show plan with active subscription status...

You will need to think about this before start working on the customization

Tuan

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #153462 by David Unwin
HI Tuan,
Thanks for the reply. In our case individual members are assigned a single plan i.e. A1 (adult), S1 (senior) or C1 (Child).  
In group plans the Group Holder would get plan something like A2C2 , but also a A1 Plan, group members would be just allocated a single plan i.e. A1 or C2.
For events where it is Individual  registration, we use the user's individual plan (A1,S1 or C1). If it is a group booking only the Group Holder (i.e. A2C2) can make the booking for a group Ticket,  so we would want to collect the Group Holder plan i.e. A2C2.
If the user's membership expires they loose their Joomla group setting (ie A1, C1 etc) and would revert to just normal registered or public user, so they book an event they get charged full price
I also noticed that there is a Plugin - Events Booking - Membership Pro which is used to get data of user from Membership Pro to fill-in registration form automatically. So could that be modified to extract other information from Membership Pro records?
David

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by David Unwin.

More
5 months 5 days ago #162667 by OTWD
I am interested in this as well - did you get a solution?

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 months 5 days ago #162670 by David Unwin
Yes,
Tuan very kindly provided me with some SQL code to get the information I needed.
I could share it with you, but I can't guarantee it will work on your system, you will have to try it and see
David

The following user(s) said Thank You: OTWD

More
5 months 5 days ago #162672 by OTWD
Yes please that would be great.
If you can email it to me hproberts 'at' gmail dot com I can take a look. If it doesn't work I can purchase a customization service from EB

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 months 5 days ago #162675 by David Unwin
Emailed you the code and instructions.
David

More
5 months 4 days ago #162680 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks David. I even do not remember about the code anymore

Tuan

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 months 4 days ago #162683 by David Unwin
Just in case anyone else needs this code I have attached a zip file.
You need to create a custom field with type SQL.
You will need to change the prefix of the DB table in the code to align with your own DB table settings
I have only used this code on Individual Registration type. 
I have included a screen shot of the custom field set-up in the zip file as well as the SQL code Tuan supplied me with.
Regards 
David
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc, OTWD

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc