Event categories not displayed correctly using multiple languages

More
2 years 6 months ago #147008 by Rob
Dear Tuan,
we enabled the usage of multiple languages on our test platform today.

Firstly: the language package is doing a very fine job.

Secondly: when we use a Events Booking » Categories - Default Layout page in English (standard language) all event categories are displayed (good!) however when we switch to the new language set-up (Dutch) only the categories translated in Dutch are shown. I would expect all categories to show up, those which are translated in Dutch, those which are not translated in English (standard language).

Thirdly: same behaviour with our "My events" page. All events the test user has subscribed to are shown however the titles are only shown when the language is set to English (standard language), or when the translation is done to Dutch. When no translation is provided on the event name, no title is shown. I would expect the "standard" title to show up when no translation is provided.

How can we implement the behaviour that we expect?

Kr,
Joris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #147016 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Joris

2 and 3. By it's design, when you access to Dutch language, only categories/events which are translated to that language will be displayed. If you don't do the translation, it won't be shown

So in short, if you want to show categories/events in certain language, you will need to translate categories/events to that language

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 6 months ago #147024 by Rob
Hi Tuan,

might I suggest reconsidering this for the future? In the category as well as in the event, you can set up the language for the category/event. It would be logical that this language choice steers the front-end view for the customer displaying only those categories and events with the correct language enabled.

If the translation is not provided for the specific category/event, the information of the standard language should be shown in the front-end. E.g. the category title/picture in English and Dutch might be the same (so no translation in the category is done) but a translation is provided on the event itself. This would be, according to what I see/understand a more logical approach.

Thanks in advance for considering this!

Kr,
Joris

More
2 years 6 months ago #147026 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks for your suggestion Joris. Will think about it and might make it works like that in the future

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 6 months ago #147028 by Rob
Just for my understanding and for our own planning. What would be the chance that you would integrate this as a feature in the upgrades in the next say 3-4 months? The reason I'm asking is that in case you would not integrate it, we will look into implementing it ourselves in our own platform.

More
2 years 6 months ago #147046 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Rob

I could not answer this question right now because it needs carefully review to see if it is possible without affecting existing customers

I would say that it is possible, but I can only have real answer when I start working on it

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc