Purge old registrants and their attached files?

• Robert Gastaud
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146501 by Robert Gastaud
Purge old registrants and their attached files? was created by Robert Gastaud
Hi,

Is it a simple way to purge the registrants and their attached files using  a limit date (1 or more month)?

Thanks for your reply!
Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #146506 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Purge old registrants and their attached files?
Hello Robert

We do not support that option at the moment. Something we can try to support for in the future

Regards,

Tuan

• Robert Gastaud
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146508 by Robert Gastaud
Replied by Robert Gastaud on topic Purge old registrants and their attached files?
Thanks Tuan!

Best regards,
Robert

• Robert Gastaud
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #147705 by Robert Gastaud
Replied by Robert Gastaud on topic Purge old registrants and their attached files?
Hi Tuan,

I created a (raw) plugin to delete oldest events, their registrants and the attachments of these registrants.
The params are the time period between two purges, the period we keep the data, the path of the attachments, an option to define the internal name of the attachments custom field, a debug option and a "lastrun" hidden field.

It works but I'm using "onAfterRender" to execute the code, so it's too often triggered.
Is it a trigger in Event Booking I could use instead of "onAfterRender" ?

Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Robert

PS: it's a "system" plugin
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Robert Gastaud.

More
2 years 5 months ago #147711 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Purge old registrants and their attached files?
Hello Robert

There is no trigger in Events Booking which you can use. You should add a parameter such as Cache Time (same as in Events Booking -> Reminder Plugins) to control how often the plugin should run. I think it should only run once per week (or if it is needed, once per day). It should not be run so often

Tuan

• Robert Gastaud
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago #147730 by Robert Gastaud
Thanks Tuan for your reply.

I'm yet using an option to run the cod only every x days, so the code to purge is not executed if the delay (2 or 3 weeks) is not reached.
Each time the plugin is triggered (for each page change in frontend for example) I get the params and I compare the actuel time, the lastrun time and the delay param and return if the delay is greater than the difference between these two times, otherwise I run the code. So it's what you are advising me.

But as I'm not a coder, so I would like to find a trigger which triggers the plugin much less often than "onAfterRender".

Regards,
Robert

More
2 years 5 months ago #147731 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Robert

You can use other event trigger like :

- onAfterSaveEvent : Trigger when an event is stored
- onAfterStoreRegistrant : Triggered when a registration record is created and stored in database
- onAfterPaymentSuccess : Triggered when a registration is marked as paid (for example, when someone completes payment for a registration)
- onEventDisplay : Triggered when an event is being displayed on event details page

These are events for Events Booking

Regards,

Tuan

• Robert Gastaud
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago #147732 by Robert Gastaud
Thanks Tuan,

I will try with them.

Best regards,
Robert

More
2 years 5 months ago #147733 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Robert. You can look at the plugins for Events Booking (in plugins/eventbooking folder) to see how we handle these events in the extension

Regards,

Tuan

• Robert Gastaud
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago #147734 by Robert Gastaud
Thank you Tuan!

I am very grateful for all your advice

Regards,
Robert

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc