Link registrants list (frontend) to CB profile

• Pascal Amberg
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #141322 by Pascal Amberg
Link registrants list (frontend) to CB profile was created by Pascal Amberg
I want my registrants to interact before an event. So i display a "Public" Registrants List. As i would rather not publish the email address, i wanted to link the registrants to their Community Builder profile, so they can send messages. I tried adding a custom field with a Fields Mapping to the CB "alias" field. But i get only empty fields like that (front- and backend). Any idea how i could achiev that or what i am doing wrong here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 months ago #141330 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Link registrants list (frontend) to CB profile
Hello Pascal

For this, I don't think mapping with a CB field is a solution. I guess you will have to customize code to add the link to CB profile in public registrants list (base on ID of user, can be accessible via user_id field from registration record)

The file you need to customize is components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/registrantlist/default.php

That should be the right approach

Tuan

• Pascal Amberg
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #141366 by Pascal Amberg
Replied by Pascal Amberg on topic Link registrants list (frontend) to CB profile
Hi Tuan

Thank you very much, that helped me a lot. I was able to do it as i was hoping. Now instead of an additional column, it's even better. The Firstname-column is clickable and opens the CB-Profile of the respective user in a new tab, if the registered person does have a profile.

If someone else also wants to do this, just replace in the file that Tuan mentioned the code 

Code:
    <td class="tdno<?php echo $i; ?>" data-content="<?php echo JText::_('EB_FIRST_NAME'); ?>">         <?php echo $row->first_name ; ?>     </td>

with the following code:

Code:
<?php if (!empty($row->user_id)) { ?>         <td class="tdno<?php echo $i; ?>" data-content="<?php echo JText::_('EB_FIRST_NAME'); ?>">         <?php echo "<a href='https://[yourdomain.com]/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=".$row->user_id."' title=' $row->first_name' target='_blank'>$row->first_name</a>"; ?>     </td> <?php     } else { ?>         <td class="tdno<?php echo $i; ?>" data-content="<?php echo JText::_('EB_FIRST_NAME'); ?>">         <?php echo $row->first_name ; ?>     </td> <?php     } ?>

Kind regards
Pascal
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Pascal Amberg.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 months ago #141372 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Link registrants list (frontend) to CB profile
Great. I'm glad you were able to do it and thanks for sharing the code back to the community

Please remember to move the modified file to PATH_TO_TEMPLATE/html/com_eventbooking/registrantlist folder so that this change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension (PATH_TO_TEMPLATE is path to the template which you are using on your site)

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc