Individual Email for each event in the Shopping Cart

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #140992 by Donal
Hi,

We use the shopping cart, which allows people to add multiple events, and pay in 1 transaction.

At the moment, 1 booking confirmation email is sent for the whole cart. This has a few issues for us now.
1) Tags like [EVENT_DATE] only show the date and time for 1 of the events, which can be misleading
2) We can't have individual messages set within the event. If we have these set, only 1 of them gets shown in the email
3) We have a number of attachments for each event that get sent with the booking confirmation. Receiving all of these in 1 email is overwhelming and confusing for the customer.

What I'd like is an option to choose to send 1 booking confirmation email to users for each event in a cart.

Is this something that you can do Tuan? If so, would there be a charge for the customisation, and how long might it take? Can you let me know the file we would need to edit, if we chose to make this change ourselves?

Thanks,
D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #140997 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Individual Email for each event in the Shopping Cart
Hello Donal

This change is actually, not simple and will cost you about 140$ for the development

If you want to implement the change yourself, look at components/com_eventbooking/helper/mail.php, method sendEmails

Regards,

Tuan

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #140999 by Donal
Thanks Tuan. And if I paid the $140, when would the work be completed, do you think?

More
3 years 2 months ago #141000 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Individual Email for each event in the Shopping Cart
In one week, I think

Tuan

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141001 by Donal
OK. I'm happy to pay the $140 if the change is delivered by 27th January. If that is possible, please send me invoice/paypal request and I will pay immediately.

More
3 years 2 months ago #141002 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
We might not have enough time for this change. If you can give us max one week (we can try to get it completed sooner if it is possible)

Tuan

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141003 by Donal
OK. No later than 29th is fine.

More
3 years 2 months ago #141008 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. So submit a support ticket and we will discuss further about it from there

Tuan

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142155 by Eric vanBok
Did anything come from this?  Has there been any enhancement in Event Booking to have separate emails go out for each event in the shopping cart?

If there hasn't been any movement on this, what is needed to move it forward?  I am in need of this functionality too for an upcoming project.

Any news on this will be helpful.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #142162 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Eric

This was implemented using override for customer. Right now, we haven't had support for it, so if you need it, customization will be needed. Since we do that before, this time, we can charge you lower price (maybe just 50$ should be enough)

I will see if I can support this feature in core package in the future as I can see that several customers interested in this feature

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc