What is the process for a user to add / remove members from booking?

• Roger Clarke
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #140946 by Roger Clarke
If a user registers individually for an event, and then wants to book an additional place, how can they do that?
Or if a user makes a group booking for two people and wants to add a third person how can they do that?

I can see that an admin can add or remove members from a group booking but I can't see how a user can edit their own bookings in this way. Are they meant to cancel the original booking and rebook? Or should duplicate bookings be allowed so that additional members can have their own booking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #140957 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

In this case, that member needs to perform a new registration for new members. And Yes, you will have to set Prevent Duplicate Registration config option to No so that they are allowed to make a new registration

Tuan

• Roger Clarke
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141021 by Roger Clarke
Ok, thanks for confirming.

It would be really useful if on the timeline (for example) there was an edit button for users to change their booking, including adding or removing members, in addition to having the cancel button.

More
3 years 2 months ago #141030 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Roger

It's hard to handle that because when registrant adding more members, payment for these new members will be needed and it is quite complicated to handle that

So better, perform new registration for new members to make things simpler to handle

Tuan

• Roger Clarke
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141034 by Roger Clarke
Hi Tuan,
I kind of knew you were going to say that - simpler to handle for the developer, but not for the end user. For free events there would be no payment, and for paid events surely it is just a case of taking a further payment for the new outstanding balance. An admin already has the ability to add or remove members from a group registration (although I have never tried that for a paid event).
From an end user viewpoint the problem with multiple registrations is that you just have a single cancel button and don't know which booking it might cancel. I'm sure you will point me towards the user's registration history to manage their bookings, but that screen isn't needed if a user has a single registration and there are cancel and edit buttons on timeline / category / event details page. And yes I realise that there is an added difficulty if a registration changes from individual to group.
Regards,
Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: donaldmoore

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc