The date format is not correct in the day view.

• Eric Lamy
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #140795 by Eric Lamy
Hello,
I wanted to report a display bug on the date display in daily view, FR version
All settings in the backend are set to d-m-Y and the display in day view shows the same display as in the attachment.

I saw that it is a directly written in the source code : ../components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/calendar/daily.php and I can correct it but I'm afraid it will be erase for the next upgrade of EB.
May be you can correct it in the next version for everybody ?
Thank you for readingHello,
I wanted to report a display bug on the date display in daily view, FR version
All settings in the backend are set to d-m-Y and the display in day view shows the same display as in the attachment.

I saw that it is a directly written in the source code : ../components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/calendar/daily.php and I can correct it but I'm afraid it will be erase for the next upgrade of EB.
May be you can correct it in the next version for everybody ?
Thank you for reading
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Eric Lamy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #140807 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic The date format is not correct in the day view.
Hello Eric

We will have to be carefully with the date in the date picker because it affects how we query data from date to get events from that date (change the date format there could cause backward incompatible issue)

So for now, maybe we will have to leave it as how it is and I will change it in next major release of the extension

And some days, maybe you will want to switch to use full calendar menu option instead of monthly calendar. Most calendar extensions uses full calendar script these days

Tuan

• Eric Lamy
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #140832 by Eric Lamy
Replied by Eric Lamy on topic The date format is not correct in the day view.
Hello Tuan,
thank you for your answer.
I understand that data processing is important for the developer and that the slightest change can have a profound impact.
I was only talking about the display of the date, the display should not depend on how the data is entered or processed by the system.

More
3 years 3 months ago #140837 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic The date format is not correct in the day view.
I see, Eric. I have no problem with making the change (for the date format in the date picker). I just worry that making the change could cause issue with site has override the code (to query the data base on the hardcoded date format Y-m-d)

I will review this carefully before making the change. I will let you know if I make the change

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Lamy

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc