Square Payment Plugin

More
6 years 8 months ago #101818 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Square Payment Plugin
OK Dan. Many thanks for sharing your experience here :)

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dan Sajdowitz
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #102024 by Dan Sajdowitz
Replied by Dan Sajdowitz on topic Square Payment Plugin
Tuan, I discovered another issue.

Everything works fine for individual registrations, but there's something different (and broken) for group registrations.

Paying for Individual Registrations works fine using the Square plugin. Paying for Group Registrations using the Square plugin fails.

I'm attaching two screenshots so you can see the difference in the billing forms.

You can test this for yourself at dev.charmbiance.com/upcoming-classes/sum...-jar-or-wine-glass-4

Use any information you'd like to complete the form and use the following (fake) CC info:

CC #: 4532759734545858
Exp: 10/21
CVV: 123

You'll see that it works on the individual registration but fails on the group.
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #102029 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dan

Yes. I realized this and currently. working on a fix. It is quite difficult due to the way Squareup process payment.

It might take me about 2 or 3 more days to implement a proper fix, so please be patient and wait for me

Tuan

• Dan Sajdowitz
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #102308 by Dan Sajdowitz
Hi Tuan - Any updates?

• Dan Sajdowitz
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #102580 by Dan Sajdowitz
Hi Tuan, Any updates?

More
6 years 8 months ago #102803 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sadly, I still could not fix it yet (javascript is something I am not really good), tried but failed. I will give it another try during this weekend and update you with the result on Monday

Really sorry for being so slow on this issue

Tuan

More
6 years 8 months ago #102990 by Don Branson
Replied by Don Branson on topic Square Payment Plugin
I'm encountering the same issue. I'm able to process individual registrations but receive the same error when trying to process a group payment. Error is "0 Missing nonce data for Square up"
I need to go live in a few days so I'm hoping you can give an idea on when this will be resolved.

More
6 years 8 months ago #103069 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi all

I have been trying to fix the problem myself without success. Due to the way Events Booking group registration process works and how Squareup built the payment form, It is almost impossible to solve this issue in a short time. The code I wrote is correct, not sure why Square up doesn't build the input for the form properly

For the time being, could you please try to use shopping cart instead?

Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Activate Shopping Cart, set it to Yes. You can set Collect Members Information in shopping cart to Yes, too, to be able o collect members information for each event users add to cart

I will try to contact Squareup support to see whether they could give us some helps. I will update you with the result here

If you could not use the product because the payment plugin doesn't work with group registration, I apologize. Please submit a support ticket and ask us for refund so that I can refund the money of the purchase

Sorry for the inconvenience causes by this trouble

Tuan

• Dan Sajdowitz
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #103269 by Dan Sajdowitz
Have you heard back from Square?

Can you tell me which payment plugins work with absolute certainty? Should we be considering a different provider?

• Dan Sajdowitz
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #103271 by Dan Sajdowitz
Tuan - I had another thought that might work for us temporarily until there is a better solution.

Would you consider adding functionality to the payment plugin options to select which types of registrations are available for each payment method?

For example: For Individual Registrations, the user can use Paypal or Square. But for Group Registrations, they can only use Paypal.

I don't know if this would be possible, or if it would make more sense to enable the option on the payment plugin screen or on the event pages themselves, but it might be something to consider.

I can actually see this as being a useful option where credit card rates are different depending on transaction amounts or number of transactions.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc