How to change Nulldate

• Cynthia
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #6539 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Re: How to change Nulldate
The nulldate is no longer shown in the detail layout of an event, all the date fields are hidden. So that works perfectly!

The only thing left, is that the nulldate still shows in the box in the category layout (the overview of the events). See attached picture. Can you help me to change the code for the category layout, to hide the date field when left empty?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cynthia
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #6843 by Cynthia
I really like the Component, but if there is no solution to make 30-11-1999 disappear I can't go on using it for my client and adding Ideal etcetera. I have to find a different component that has no problems with events without pre-set dates. It has become a breaking point for my client. Hope you can help me...

More
13 years 3 months ago #6844 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to change Nulldate
Hi Cynthia

Normally, each event has an event date. In your site, you set event date to null and It causes the issue . I had to modify the code alitle for you but I could not upload to your site because of permission issue . Please get this file, unzip it and upload to components/com_eventbooking/views/category/tmpl folder of your site. After that, It will work as expected .

Thanks,

Tuan

PS : I am a busy developer, so in case you dont' receive my response, that mean I forgot it (receive so many emails per days), please continue to email to remind me !

Attachment default-20110112.zip not found

Attachments:

• Cynthia
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #7050 by Cynthia
Hi Tuan

Thanks so much for the file. I replaced the old file, and also installed the newest version of Event Booking. Something new occured:
with this new version of event booking I cannot save an event without a date anymore. It gives the message "Please enter event date". Can I change this somewhere, so that I can still save events without a date?

More
13 years 3 months ago #7100 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to change Nulldate
Hi

The extension requires you to enter date for each event by default. If you want to ignore this check, please follow the instruction below :

1. Open the file administrator/components/com_eventbooking/views/event/tmpl folder .

2. Remove the javascript code from line 35 - line 39 :
Code:
if (form.event_date.value == '') { alert("Please enter event date"); form.event_date.focus(); return ; }

After that, you can save event without entering a date .

PS : I will update the modified file here. You can simply get the file, unzip it and upload to folder administrator/components/com_eventbooking/views/event/tmpl of your site.

Attachment default-20110124-2.zip not found

Attachments:

• Cynthia
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #7111 by Cynthia
Hi Tuan,
Removing the code helped: now I can save an event without putting in an event date. But... I think somewhere else a code must be changed as well, because now the event doesn't show on the website anymore. Only the events that contain an event date are shown. In what file should I look for what code?

I am sorry to bother you with this for so long :-(

• Cynthia
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #8565 by Cynthia
Can you please have a look why the event is not shown anymore in the category layout, when the date field is left empty?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc