Kudos, problems and ideas

• John McCall
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #5191 by John McCall
Kudos, problems and ideas was created by John McCall
We purchased Event Booking last week and have been reviewing what it can do for us. Our organization has many types of events and your multi-level category structure is perfect. We also especially like the ability to copy events. The screens are well organized and easy to use. In general I and our users are excited about using this.

A few problems I have noticed:
  • When looking at an event detail, the back arrow and "Back to Top" don't do anything
  • In the calendar view, the pulldown for months has two "Jun" and no "Jul"!
  • In calendar view, I believe I read that the category would be shown. All I see when I mouse over the icon is "Event"
  • The popup map for a location, shows the location address. We use lat and long so get an address of ",,,,,,United States" which is of no use and rather a bother. Suggest that be blank if there is no address.
  • The popup map is very small. Is there a way to make larger or go to full Google Maps with this location?
  • There are no "Help" icons for the back-end entry forms. Perhaps this awaits the tutorial?????
  • When an event is expired (in the past), it still shows unless manually removed. Not desirable
The major issues we have that would require some design changes are due to the fact that our categories are quite different. Several features are global (across all categories) and we would like to vary by category. This would be much like varying the "Fields Setting" by event but at the category level. For instance:
  • Terms and conditions. A wilderness hike and a class have very different terms!
  • A different administrative email address - rather than entering the same one for all events in the category.
  • A different confirmation letter. This need not be a unique for each category but a selection (like location for event)
Finally, some ideas/"simple" changes which we feel wold improve the (excellent) product:
  • Include the Short Description on the Event Properties screen so we don't forget what we are looking at!
  • When entering event end and stop registering dates using the popup calendar, stay in the same month as the start date for ease of entry.
  • In table view, have a "Detail" button after the two register buttons as in the single event view
  • On events, in the Fields Setting", include custom fields. Sometimes a custom field is for only one event or category.
  • When selecting to view a category in the menu entries, provide an option to include all events in dependent categories. You have this for the overall (top category) calendar display but it would be very useful at lower levels.
One other thing. If it would be helpful to have someone look over the tutorial you are now developing from a newbie's point of view, I would be glad to help review.
Again, we think this is an excellent product and look forward to working with it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc