Direct link to registration form

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #28296 by Q P
We're hapilly using the event registration module for the registration of our event. However we'd like to make one improvement to make it more friendly for visitors to register, but unfortunately I can't get it to work.

When I add the registration form to the menu it first directs to an event summary page stating the name, date and price. However it seems impossible to skip this page and immediately redirect to the page that has the registration form on it. Users first have to click on the "register" button. Creating a direct menu link to the page with the form and disabling the original menu item (Event Booking » Event ) created via the menu disables the module at all.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to create the menu item that immediately links to the registration form, not to the event summary page? Thanks a lot for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #28338 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Direct link to registration form
Hi

I think you can use external URL menu item type. Basically, you can simply create a menu item which is linked to :
Code:
index.php?option=com_eventbooking&task=individual_registration&event_id=ID_OF_THE_EVENT

Does this help ?

Tuan

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #28359 by Q P
Replied by Q P on topic Re: Direct link to registration form
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for your reply! I tried to do this but it didn't work. When I create a new item via external URL with a direct link to the form and then disable the original menu item created as type "Event Booking » Event " is disables the form at all and I get a 404 error on the direct URL menu item. So it seems it is impossible to go to the page without having an active menu item somewhere that is created as an event menu item

I can think of a workaround and keep the "Event Booking » Event "-type menu item enabled in a hidden menu, but this seems a bit of a typical way to do it :) Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks for your support!

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #28422 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Direct link to registration form
Hi

I think "hidden menu" will be a good solution in this case. You can go with that :).

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc