simple user profile

• Websquirrel
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #25204 by Websquirrel
simple user profile was created by Websquirrel
Hello,

I am looking for a simple user profile function where customers are able to update or change their details such as address or phone. Unfortunately EB does not have such a function.

I installed CB only for this function. It works now, but it seems a little overkill to me, to install and run such a huge component like CB just to have a working user profile function. :S

Are there any other working solutions? How are you managing your users without CB? The built-in Joomla profile is too poor. It only offers username and password management.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #25208 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: simple user profile
Hi

If you are using Joomla 2.5, then you can use built-in Joomla Profile function (do some search and you will see how it works). However, if you use default Joomla Profile, it is not integrated with EB very well (like CB). So for now, I think you should stay with CB.

Tuan

• Websquirrel
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #25212 by Websquirrel
Replied by Websquirrel on topic Re: simple user profile
hm, well, then I am going to stay with CB. Thanks anyway.

More
11 years 3 months ago #25710 by Ed
Replied by Ed on topic Re: simple user profile
Code:
If you are using Joomla 2.5, then you can use built-in Joomla Profile function (do some search and you will see how it works). However, if you use default Joomla Profile, it is not integrated with EB very well (like CB). So for now, I think you should stay with CB.

Are you saying that EB should import the Joomla User-Profile fields when a member registers for an event? I'm pretty sure I tested that and the only fields imported were Name and Email address. I have since disabled the User-Profile plugin because it wasn't doing what I expected, but if, as you say above, it should import those fields (address, city, state, zip, phone), then I'll give it another shot. Is there some mapping that needs to be done? I understood that the mapping was for CB integration only.

Regards,
Ed

More
11 years 3 months ago #25722 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Unfortunately, at the moment, EB is not integrated with Joomla Profile, so data won't be loaded from user profile in Joomla into EB Registration Form.

But I am integrating it into EB in the near future. Maybe just in less than 2 weeks from now.

Tuan

• Websquirrel
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #27630 by Websquirrel
Replied by Websquirrel on topic Re: simple user profile

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Unfortunately, at the moment, EB is not integrated with Joomla Profile, so data won't be loaded from user profile in Joomla into EB Registration Form.

But I am integrating it into EB in the near future. Maybe just in less than 2 weeks from now.

Tuan

really? that is good news! :)

I really loved to deinstall CB and using joomla profile instead! I hate to install a 3rd party extension (moreover such a huge one like cb) only to give users the chance to edit their profile ...

Oh, I just see, that you wrote "maybe in less than 2 weeks from now" 1 month ago. So this should have been done 2 weeks ago, according to your word, isn't it?

Looking into "my downloads" tells me: Last Updated Date: 05-24-2011 03:03:11
That looks like your component was not updated since 2011? :ohmy:
Is this true? Or is your latest update somewhere hidden?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Websquirrel.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27635 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

The feature is still not available. I am too busy and haven't had a chance to work on it yet. Will try to have it ready in the extension in less than two weeks from now.

Looking into "my downloads" tells me: Last Updated Date: 05-24-2011 03:03:11

=> It is something wrong with my order system. The last updated is showing on the page joomdonation.com/components/events-booking.html (which is 01/28/2013).

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc