SQL keeps ALL registrants

More
11 years 5 months ago #22538 by Peter
SQL keeps ALL registrants was created by Peter
There seams to be a huge problem with the #__eb_registrants, all registrants are keept in the database, even it they are removed in the backend or even if the registration was not finished.

So, when I got to "Registrant Management" there are the registrants I expect ... about 20 in my case ... when I "Select * from #__eb_registrants" with phpmysql there are >>200 entrys and counting up.

So, why aren't the entrys removed from the SQL when I delete the registrants or the registration isn't finisched by the registrant ?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #22539 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: SQL keeps ALL registrants
Hi Peter

If you use Paypal for example, the information of registrants will be stored in database before they are redirected to Paypal. When they are on Paypal page, if they don't make payment, the extension have no way to know about this, so it could not delete these registrants.

Hope my explanation is clear to you .

Tuan

More
11 years 5 months ago #22540 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Re: SQL keeps ALL registrants
Hi,

thanks for your quick answer,

but when I select the registrant and "Delete" there is no reason why the registrant is kept in the SQL any longer, so the Database is growing and growing.

Hope there is a way to get this out of the database, if not, I'm afraid my SQL Server goes to the limits sooner or later.

More
11 years 5 months ago #22542 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: SQL keeps ALL registrants
Hi Peter

What version of the extension you are using ? When you delete the registration records, there are no reasons they are still stored in database. Could you please give me more detailed information so that I can check ?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc