Customize Message for alternative Offline Payment

• Elnino38
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #19875 by Elnino38
Hi Tuan,

I've created a second offline payment plugin. First one (default) is for cheque payment, the other one for Interac payment.

In the admin I can customize the confirmation message for Offline payment. Let's say I chose cheque payment for the default offline payment.

How do I customize my message for my second offline payment plugin (Interac). Do I need to tweak a bit the DB to make this appear in the "message" list section?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 7 months ago #19920 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Customize Message for alternative Offline Payment
Hi

Yes. You will need to edit code to include the messages for second offline payments method .

1. Customize configuration view in Events Booking component to allow settings the messages for second offline payment.

2. Edit the sendEmails function in the file components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php to send the correct messages if the user use the second offline payment option .

Regards,

Tuan

• Elnino38
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #20383 by Elnino38
Hi Tuan,

Thanks, your direction helped me a lot. I had to edit the database a bit and some other variables but you pointed me the right way.

Thanks again

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 6 months ago #20401 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Customize Message for alternative Offline Payment
That's great ! Thanks for the update !

Tuan

More
11 years 5 months ago #22761 by SERGIO DURAN
Hi Elnino38/Tuan;
Does this changes need too much coding knowledge? :(
Could you please help us, a little bit for more what we have to do to make this works? :blush:

Thanks in advance.
BEST REGARDS.
SERGIO DURAN.

• Elnino38
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #22771 by Elnino38
Hi Sergio,

Do you just want to add an os_offline payment plugin? It requires a bit of PHP and MySQL knowledge. Basic ones but still if you don't understand what you're doing you take the risk of breaking up the website.

I've written a raw Word file to help me update all the php files so that the component become compatible with the second payment plugin each time I need to upgrade. I can send it to you if you wish but assumes no responsabilty in its use!

More
11 years 5 months ago #22773 by SERGIO DURAN
Hi Elnino38,
First I have to thank you for your prompt answer, I will really appreciate if you can send me this word to ianduran [at] hotmail.com
I have already add second offline payment, but as you said specific emails need to be sent with this new one, not standard offline payment mail.
Thanks in advance...
SERGIO DURAN

• Elnino38
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #23174 by Elnino38
Sorry Sergio, I think I completely forgot to send the doc.
Please find the attached Word doc, I am not responsible for the misuse of this document!

My plugin is called os_interac so you have to replace this string into whatever you called your plugin.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bryan

More
11 years 2 months ago #27464 by Bryan
Any chance this could be made as a feature added to future updates of EB? Right now (as of 10 minutes ago) I have the offline payment messages instructing people on how to use interac e-transfer, but it would be slick if it had it's own payment option. I don't think I have the skills to implement this myself as described above.
Cheers,
Bryan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 1 month ago #27555 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Bryan

I am not sure I can add it to future release of the extension. So maybe you will have to find a developer to help you to do this modification.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc