Events with Sub Events

• lisaundgiorgio
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18655 by lisaundgiorgio
Events with Sub Events was created by lisaundgiorgio
Hi there,

is there any possibility to generate sub-events for an event. For example i do have an event with a max number of registrants which is 30. and in my event i do have 3 lectures. But the registrant should only choose one of it. (This isn't the problem as i solved it with a dropdown). But now i want to say that every lecture can only have 10 registrants max.
Any chance to do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #18658 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Events with Sub Events
Hi

Unfortunately, right now, there is no option to limit number registrants for each option of custom fee field and the extension doesn't has sub-events feature yet. So if you want to have this option, you will have to customize code of the extension (or find someone to help you). If you have a developer, I will be happy to give more detailed instruction .

Tuan

• lisaundgiorgio
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18663 by lisaundgiorgio
Replied by lisaundgiorgio on topic Re: Events with Sub Events
Hi,

it would be great if you could lead us the way to a solution.
Code customization is no problem, but you have to push us in the right direction please. Don't know if this is interesting for everyone, we could switch to PM or mail if you like...

First thoughts: maybe we could make a new category, put the lectures there, and pull them out in our dropdown. But only if there are free places in these lectures.

More
11 years 8 months ago #18688 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

The solution can be explained below (as I said, will need some code customization) :

1. Customize add/edit custom field screen, add an extra attribute to the customize to allows entering limitation value for each option. For example, in the custom field you are creating, there are 3 lectures, you can enter :

- For values attribute, enter Lecture 1, Lecture 2, Lecture 3 (each option in one line)
- For Limit values, you can enter : 10, 5, 7 (each value in one line)

That mean for Lecture 1, there will be 10 slots available (10 registrants can register for that lecture), Lecture 2 is 5 and Lecture 3 is 7 .

2. Customize code in the custom field class to only display the options in dropdown which still has slots available :

- Open the file components/com_eventbooking/helper/fields.php
- Find the function _renderDropdown and customize it .

That's the idea. As I said, you will need to know Joomla programming to do it . Good lucks !

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: lisaundgiorgio

• lisaundgiorgio
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18875 by lisaundgiorgio
Replied by lisaundgiorgio on topic Re: Events with Sub Events
thanks for the advice. i will work on a solution and post it here, just if anyone else needs such a function.

this could be a nice feature for events booking anyway. maybe you could include that in a future version?

More
11 years 8 months ago #18901 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

If you completed code modification and can send it to me, I will get your code and implement it into next release of the system.

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 years 8 months ago #19005 by Mitchell Ward
Replied by Mitchell Ward on topic Re: Events with Sub Events

Administrator wrote: Hi

If you completed code modification and can send it to me, I will get your code and implement it into next release of the system.

Regards,

Tuan

This is the type of mod I'm after too, so I'm hoping it won't be too long ; )

When do you plan to release the next version?

thanks
Mitchell

More
11 years 8 months ago #19047 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Mitchell

The next version will be released in the next 2 or 3 weeks. However, I am not sure this feature will be available or not. As I mentioned, if @lisaundgiorgio completes the coding and send the modified code to me, I will review the code and add it to the extension. However, it seems @lisaundgiorgio is having difficulty with it because he hasn't get back with the modified code yet

Tuan

More
11 years 4 months ago #23042 by genki
Replied by genki on topic Re: Events with Sub Events
Hi,
I've just started using EB and need this feature. Was there even an update on this topic?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc