no calendar popup in frontend when add new event

• cochutieu
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #16610 by cochutieu
In creating new event, when click on the calendar icon, no calendar pop-up to allow choosing a date.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #16680 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: no calendar popup in frontend when add new event
That's strange. Maybe there is some javascript conflict on your site (the Calendar popup is Joomla core function). Could you please submit a support ticket sending me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can check and fix it for you ?

Tuan

More
11 years 7 months ago #20061 by Donald White
Replied by Donald White on topic Re: no calendar popup in frontend when add new event
:unsure: I have the same problem - the Calendar pop-up works in the admin backend but not in the front end. I have password-protected the administrator folder (/public_html/mysite/administrator), so when an authorized user clicks the Add Event link in the Member Options menu, the admin credentials screen pops up - that's expected. Once the user identity is confirmed, the Add Event form appears.

The authorized user can enter text in all text fields and select options from the drop-down menus. However, the calendar does not function.

Any ideas? I'm not comfortable allowing others admin/super admin access to a customer's Web site and, if you do fix it by modifying the code, that custom code fix may go away with the next update.

Thanks!

Don White

More
11 years 7 months ago #20100 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: no calendar popup in frontend when add new event
Dear Don

It works well here, so maybe there are javascript conflict on your site causing the issue. Could you please submit a support ticket, then create an account for me which has submit events permission so that I can try to submit new events myself and find out the problem ?

Tuan

More
11 years 7 months ago #20101 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
PS : The Calendar popup is Joomla core code, so it should work well !

Tuan

More
11 years 7 months ago #20110 by Donald White
Replied by Donald White on topic Re: no calendar popup in frontend when add new event
Tuan, I have the Calendar pop-ups working now. Apparently, there was a conflict between permissions I assigned in EB Configuration and access levels assigned to site members. I'll explain:
  • Access to edit events in EB is set to the individual by specific user ID
  • Access to menu items is assigned to either access level (Public, Registered, Special) or to site-specifically configured User Groups established within an access level
  • I identified specific users by user ID to edit events from the front end and to manage registrations from the front end in EB Configuration
  • In the Member Options menu I set up, I assigned those with the Special access level permission to use the links to Submit Event and edit events (My Submitted Events)
  • For whatever reason, Joomla and EB negotiated the access rights to allow an authorized front-end user to create an event BUT not to use the Calendar pop-up
  • Since the formatting requirement for dates in EB is specific and most users will enter dates differently, I had to change something
  • Resolution: I assigned the Registered access level to the menu links (Add Event, Edit Event) - the calendar pop-up works fine now
Thanks for your outstanding support!

Cheers,

Don White

More
11 years 7 months ago #20148 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Thanks Don for sharing the information and solution !

Tuan

More
11 years 5 months ago #22605 by shuotila
Hi!

Maybe someone is still struggling with this. I was able to solve this problem just by increasing z-index of the calendar class.

/*Added to correct minicalendar-bug*/
.calendar {z-index:999;}

I'm using PurityII template.

Greets,
shuotila

• cochutieu
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #22689 by cochutieu
which file I need to modify the z-index?
Thanks,
CT

More
11 years 5 months ago #22700 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@shuotila: Thanks for sharing the solution. Could you please specify the css file which you need to edit so that other clients can use your solution if they get the issue ?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc