Manual Registrant Management and payment

• nhtim
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 day ago #15540 by nhtim
What is the best way to handle registrants that will be registering via paper? Some users of course do not want to register online and for those people we have a paper form that they can use to register. We would like to enter all that information manually into the Registrant Management, but There is no place to enter the $ amount paid. For 1 event we have 2 different payments - 1 for members & the other amount for nonmembers.

Is there a way to record this amount when manually registering someone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 day ago #15552 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Manual Registrant Management and payment
Hi

Right now, the amount cannot be entered manually. The system should calculate the amount automatically when you create a registration record from back-end based on what event the registrant is added to and other parameter.....

I will consider allows entering amount manually when you create registration records from backend in the next release .

Regards,

Tuan

• nhtim
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #15607 by nhtim
HI Tuan,

Sorry I did not respond back quicker, but until I had real user data to experiment with I wanted to hold off. We now have real registrant data and here are some things I found.

1 - If the registrant is entered manually the process does not check if they are a member for the member discount, nor is there the option to select whether they are a member or not. I looked in all the settings and did not find anything that would allow this. The result is that everyone who is registered manually is given the full price rate.

2 - We have used the custom field for an item and PayPal is processing that correctly, but when you view the list of registrants and what they paid. The item selected in the from the custom field is not reflected in that list... only the base price of the event is showing up.

3 - Once the user is entered manually no email is sent out to the registrant stating that they are now enrolled in the event. I am GUESSING that may be because I do not have the offline payment plugin enabled. ... BUT, I do not want to enable that plugin because we do not want that option to be enabled for online registration.

4 - When you initially do a manual entry of a registrant there is no option for the custom fields that we created. I did notice that after the manual creation of a registrant is complete, you can look at the registrant info, and THEN those fields show up so they can be filled out. This is creating more word to handle registrants manually. NOW... I am guessing that this may be occurring because the custom field is set to optional and not required.

I have tried to explain in detail everything that pertains to each issue, but ask me to clarify if you are confused. Also if these issues can be fixed then there will be no need to have manual entry of price.

Thanks,
Tim

• nhtim
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #15760 by nhtim
Are there any answers to the issues I listed or are some of these issues already noted and in the process of being implemented in the next update?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc