Add optional items to event & new member registrat

• nhtim
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #15230 by nhtim
I have Community Builder on my website. I am creating my first event with this extension. I have set up the event with member discount, and early bird discount. There are additional options which attendees may want. How do I add those for selection with the price box and list / restrict to capacity of this "sub event"?

Also I see that if someone is not a member they can do so later during the registration process. Will this process work with Community Builders CBSubs system?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #15234 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Add optional items to event & new member registrat
For the other items which you want users to select, you can use custom fields feature in Event Booking. Go to Event Booking -> Custom Fields to create custom fields .

If you want to charge extra fee (beside the registration price) based on the options registrants select, you can use custom fee field feature. Please have a look at joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_co...icle&id=80&Itemid=72 to understand how custom fee field feature works (there are sample in the article which help you understand how it works easier) .

Regards,

Tuan

• nhtim
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #15247 by nhtim
HI Tuan,

OK, because we need to have a different limit on people for the added items, I just created a different event which then can be added to the list of events purchased.

Do you have an answer for my question about how people can become members?

We do not have the paypal link set up yet, but we have noticed that it will not allow someone to login at the checkout page if they had not already logged in.

I am also having difficulty with getting the quantity to update on the checkout page. if you try to change the quantity, it will not allow you to type a different quantity.

In the advanced setting for an event... what is the difference between the "User" and "Thank You" text areas? Is the "User" the person posting the event & the "Thank you" is for the registrant?

Tim
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by nhtim.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #15251 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Add optional items to event & new member registrat
Hi Tim

You can simply go to Event Booking -> Configuration, set User Registration Config option to Yes. After that, users can enter username and password on checkout page to register for new account (and become site members) .

I am also having difficulty with getting the quantity to update on the checkout page. if you try to change the quantity, it will not allow you to type a different quantity

Go to Event Booking -> Configuration , find the config option Prevent Duplicate Registration, set it to No and the issue will be solved .

In the advanced setting for an event... what is the difference between the "User" and "Thank You" text areas? Is the "User" the person posting the event & the "Thank you" is for the registrant?

=> The "Thank you" is the message displayed when users complete registration. The "User" is the email message sent to them when they complete registration .

Regards,

Tuan

• nhtim
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #15256 by nhtim
admin wrote:

Hi Tim

You can simply go to Event Booking -> Configuration, set User Registration Config option to Yes. After that, users can enter username and password on checkout page to register for new account (and become site members) .

Will the user be able to pay for that membership using Community Builder CSubs at the same time of event registration?

Thanks for answering the questions. I really like EB, it is going to be great for our organizations yearly gathering!

Tim

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc