Disable registration in whole category of events?

• TraceyB
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14929 by TraceyB
Is it possible to disable registration for a whole category with one command? I can see how to disable registration for each individual event but it would be wonderful to have everything setup (I have 84 events over 4 categories) so that a whole category could be disabled at once?

Then at the hour of opening registrations I would only have to turn on registrations to each category rather than to 84 events?

Is this possible?
cheers
Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 1 month ago #14933 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Disable registration in whole category of events?
Hi Tracey

There is no built-in function which allows you to perform this tasks. There are two options here :

1. If you know how to access to database of your site via PHPMyadmin (via cpanel account of your site), then simply run the SQL command below :
Code:
UPDATE t0r4j_eb_events SET published = 0 WHERE id IN (SELECT event_id FROM t0r4j_eb_event_categories WHERE category_id=ID_OF_CATEGORY)

Please make sure you replace t0r4j_ with the prefix of your Joomla database and ID_OF_CATEGORY with id of category you want to unpublish the events.

2. Hire us to develop this feature for you. The price for this development is 30$. In this case, we will add a new button in Categories management screen which allows you to unpublish all events of selected category by clicking on the button .

Regards,

Tuan

• TraceyB
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14939 by TraceyB
Hi Tuan
No I think I have not explained myself clearly.
I do not want to unpublish a whole category. I want people to see each event. I just want to disable registration of each event in that category until a predetermined time (ie: the announced time the registrations open)

I have amended each event to disable registration already.
www.amqfestival.com.au

On Monday at 9am all events need to be available to register in by students. With 84 of them it will take a little time subject to my not so wonderful internet.

Being able to simply turn on Individual registration in each category instead of 84 events would be quicker & much simpler.

It's OK. I'll take down the website for the time it takes me to amend each event on Monday, but it might be a nice addition to the next update of Event Booking extension?

cheers
Tracey

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 1 month ago #14942 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Disable registration in whole category of events?
Hi Tracey

Yes . My last post mean allows you to turn on/turn of registration for all events in a category within one click.

Regarding this feature, it is nice. However, I don't think many customers need it. So I will think about it but I cannot confirm that it will be added to future releases . There are still higher priority features which need to be added into the extension first.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc