Dates Configuration

More
12 years 1 month ago #14904 by mbt
Dates Configuration was created by mbt
Tuan,

I am having a problem altering the dates configuration and even following the PHP method linked from the back end of the site I cant seem to get it to work correctly.

I am trying to change the date on events on the front end from looking like this: 16-02-2013 to this: 16th Feb 2013. Hoping to go live with event booking on my site in 2 days. Loving the new version with Deposit payments option by the way! Keep up the good work!

Regards

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #14938 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Dates Configuration
Hi Andy

Are you using Joomla 1.5 or Joomla 2.5 ? If so, you can change the event date format config option to :

j M Y

See php.net/manual/en/function.date.php for list of supported parameters

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #15114 by mbt
Replied by mbt on topic Re: Dates Configuration
Tuan,

I am using J1.5 but when entering the date format j M Y I literally get the letters j M Y in the event date but the weird thing is if I enter nothing into any of the date config boxes I get date looking like this: Sunday, 03 June 2012 which is too long, I just want eg: 3rd June 2012 but even following the PHP guidelines I still cant get this?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #15131 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Dates Configuration
Hi

The suggested format only works with Joomla 2.5. If you are using Joomla 1.5, you can use the format below :

%d %b %Y

(See php.net/manual/en/function.strftime.php to see list of supported parameters) .

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc