Custom Fields in Event description

• arturob
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14487 by arturob
Custom Fields in Event description was created by arturob
IN a reply to a question in your pre-sales forum you said it was possible to create custom fields in the event description form. I need to add a number of custom fields, can you tell me how to go about doing this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 1 month ago #14498 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Custom Fields in Event description
Hi

To add custom fields to show more information about event, please follow the steps below :

1. Go to Event Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Event Custom Fields, set it to Yes .

2. After that, when you add / edit an event, you will see a new tab called Extra Information. In this tab, you will be able to enter information for the custom fields you created (there are two custom fields defined by default).

3. To add / edit these custom fields, please look at the xml file called fields.xml under components/com_eventbooking folder .

Hope the explanation is clear to you .

Regards,

Tuan

• arturob
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14522 by arturob
Replied by arturob on topic Re: Custom Fields in Event description
Thanks Tuan - it works great - One other question , you have the two additional fields and when I changed their names they didnt appear in the event description so I assume there is a place somewhere where these names are being saved can the names be changd? - is it possible to add extra fields other than just the two default?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc