Hide/suppress/remove 'Advance Settings' tab?

• fridayanimal
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #14374 by fridayanimal
Hide/suppress/remove 'Advance Settings' tab? was created by fridayanimal
Hi, great component, thank you :)

We've got a problem with the Advance Settings tab - I need to remove/suppress the ability to override the default messages because we have a lot of admins using the site and:

1) The default messages are all nicely styled and carefully composed and should not be over-ridden

2) We use JCEditor which puts everything in a container <p></p>. If an admin even opens the advance settings tab and clicks 'save', it puts an empty <p></p> in all the message fields. This means all the messages and emails are overridden by blank messages!

If I disable the automatic <p></p> container it makes other website plugins (like our auto readmore plugin) fall over as admins often don't force a paragraph break on their text.

I know it's a non-standard setup but it would be really useful if you know of a way to remove this functionality and prevent my site admins accidentally making things fall over :)

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14399 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Hide/suppress/remove 'Advance Settings' tab?
Hi

In this case, you will need to modify the code yourself to remove that tab (it is easy if you know php code alitle). The file need to be modified is administrator/components/com_eventbooking/views/event/tmpl/default.php .

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc