Conflict with JRPassphrase

• jbarkacs
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #11836 by jbarkacs
Conflict with JRPassphrase was created by jbarkacs
Client wants only organization members to be able to create accounts so I'm using JR Passphrase. If a non-member tries to register for an event they are kicked to home page with system error saying they must enter passphrase to register.

Non-members should be able to register for events without creating account. When I disable passphrase all works as intended.

Hope you can help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #11848 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Conflict with JRPassphrase
Hi

In this case, I am afraid of I cannot help you . I don't know why JR Passphrase can effect event booking, there is no relationship between the two extensions. Can you please try to contact JR Passphrase and ask them about it ?

Tuan

More
12 years 1 month ago #14673 by bdowning
Replied by bdowning on topic Re: Conflict with JRPassphrase
I'm curious if you found a resolution for the JRpassphrase issue as I am having the exact same problem. Thanks!

More
12 years 1 month ago #14678 by tlowery
Replied by tlowery on topic Re: Conflict with JRPassphrase
Issue is caused by the EventBooking component redirecting back to the default index.php on Checkout by using the "Register" view. This is causing JRPassphrase to present it's logon box since it looks for the "Register" action from native Joomla.

A workaround is to add a custom line of code in the \plugins\system\jrpassphrase.php file.
Add it as Line#44, copy and paste below:

if (preg_match('/com_eventbooking/',$_SERVER)) {Return ;} //Exit if sourced from EventBooking Module

Essentially what it does is look for the request coming from the EventBooking Module, and then ignores it. If you ever upgrade JRPassphrase though, you will need to re-add this band-aid.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc