Front End Submission, Removing unwanted fields

More
12 years 9 months ago #10764 by paulo
Hi all,

Bought the extension, really impressed so far.
Been searching the forum to find a definitive answer and after looking in the settings of EB, cannot see an answer.

I have a question about Front End Submission and the Event properties fields that are viewed by someone looking at a new event.

Testing the component as we speak and after adjusting settings and testing user submission front end, is it possible to do the following?:

I want to allow users to submit, but I do not want certain fields open and the payment section off, so the component becomes an events listing directory with the ability to turn payment on for users later.
When I allow User Submission of events, when i go to add an event as a user, is there a way to turn off
A - All the tabs related to the payment options, there are 4, would only need the basic information Tab.
B - In the basic options, add a new event venue, which is a must for new events submission
C - Certain fields like
Price, Capacity, Cut off date, Registered would also not be needed for basic submissions

This all leads on to when you see a submitted event as a site visitor, the following fields are visible, even if not needed
Capacity
Cut off date
Individual Price

Obviously I can hack code to attempt this but if there is an easier way as I think this is a valid point.
This would be a great addition of not.

Keep up the great work
paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #10775 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Front End Submission, Removing unwanted fields
Hi

In this case, you will need to edit the code to add/remove fields you want. The file which you need to modify is components/com_eventbooking/views/event/tmpl/default.php, and maybe components/com_eventbooking/models/event.php .

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc