Override to show Custom Field parameter Name instead of Title in backend

• Livius Chebeleu
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134159 by Livius Chebeleu
Hi Tuan,

I'm starting to use Custom Fields a lot and finding it challenging to differentiate between fields of different events as I will explain below.

I'm starting to sell Supplies needed for an event. Other events also may have similar options available at registration checkout but the options vary. However, I want to make the field parameter Title to have the same value for several Custom Fields.

For example, the field parameter Title of "Supplies". I would like to have, let's say, three Custom Fields for three events with the Title parameter of "Supplies". Each Custom Field would have a different supply list for each event respectively. I would also like on the front end field label to say "Supplies" in registration checkout.

There is no issue with doing this now cuz the custom field parameter Tittle is not unique in the database and can have duplicates. It is an issue when creating an event as the Custom Field Title parameter is what's shown in the Field assignment list. I would have three "Supplies" to choose from using the example above.

Can you help me to create an override to show custom field parameter Name in the Filed assignment tab since this will be unique and discernable for selection instead of Title?

Maybe you want to make this a permanent change if others find it useful.

Thanks/Livius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134187 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If you are talking about Fields Assignment Plugin, currently, we display Field ID next to field title already. Isn't it enough?

If not, you can try to modify the code yourself. Look at the file plugins/eventbooking/fields/fields.php, find $rowField->title and change it to $rowField->name should help

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Livius Chebeleu

• Livius Chebeleu
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134197 by Livius Chebeleu
This worked great! I just needed to swap field title with field name because some of my titles needed to be the same and it was challenging to differentiate when creating a new event to select the right field.

Is it possible to override since there's no tml folder and a default.php? Otherwise I'm good as is.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134202 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Unfortunately, it's not possible to override it. So for now, you need to redo the modification each time you update to new version of the extension

Tuan