[06-Feb-2024] Events Booking version 4.8.0 releases

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #164140 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers !

Today, I am happy to announce next release of Events Booking, version 4.8.0. Below are the improvements in this release:

1. Added  Events Booking - HTTP Plugin
The plugin allow passing registrant data (registration record and it's associated event data) to external systems by passing data to the configured URL each time a registration record is created and become Paid/Published using a HTTP Post request.

2. Improve Ticket Types Plugin

- Added Min Tickets Per Booking parameter to Ticket Type. If it is set, registrants will need to register for at least that minimum number of ticket for that ticket to to be allowed to perform registration
- Allow one custom field to depend on multiple ticket types.

3. Added User Coupons Menu Item Type

This menu item type allow users to access to and see list of coupon codes which are assigned to him. It could be useful in some cases, especially when you sell vouchers to your users and want them to see the purchased vouchers from a menu item

4. Improve Events Management

- Added Featured filter to allow filtering featured events
- Added back From Date and To Date filter to allow filtering events from certain duration

5. Improve Export Registrants
- Allow choosing ordering of the exported registration records (order by what field and in what direction ASC/DESC)

6. Validation Improvements

- Added unique server validation rule. When it is used, it will make sure value entered in the configured custom field is unique, mean if a registrant entered a value, other registrants cannot enter that same value for their registration anymore

7. Custom Fields Improvements
- Added support for two new custom field types: Datetime and Time

8. Bugs Fixes
- Fixed Events Booking - Google Structured Data plugin. Due to the bug, only structured data from first event is recognized by Google Rich Snippets
- Fixed Password Validation: Minimum Lowercase and Minimum Length was ignored before
- Fixed select existing user does not work properly when add/edit registrant from frontend on Joomla 5
- Make sure editor buttons are allowed for editor field type uses the menu items (for example, for Intro Text parameter)
- Fixed MPDF plugin does not work on Joomla 5. If you are using Joomla 5, please download and install the new package at  joomdonation.com/downloads/plg_eventbooking_mpdf_joomla5.zip

9. Documentation and Demo Site Moved To New Location

- The demo site is rebuilt using our latest template for Events Booking  EventLight  Template.
- The demo site is moved to new faster server and accessible via new URL  demo.joomdonation.com/eventsbooking - The documentation site is moved to new faster server and accessible via new URL  docs.joomdonation.com/eventsbooking
Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these improvements. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lcabezas, Geoffrey Smith, LMKweb, Alison, David Unwin, Johnny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164180 by lcabezas
Thanks, Tuan on this.

You're doing an excellent job, especially on EB.

EB - HTTP Plugin will be very useful. This is what we asked you before to develop and worked like a charm forwarding registration info to another server.

As for Ticket Types Plugin, can you explain this further?

Regards.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164185 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [06-Feb-2024] Events Booking version 4.8.0 releases
Thanks Lito. In short, when you use ticket types for one event, you might want that every booking for that event must include certain ticket types with minimum quantity for each ticket type.

That mean if users do not choose that ticket type, or choose to book for that ticket type with quantity smaller than that Min Tickets Per Booking, the booking won't be processed

Hope it is clear to you

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164262 by Johnny
Thank you for providing great feature improvements for EventBooking.
However, regarding the 'Custom Fields Improvements' section, could you explain the usage and purpose of the new custom field types: Datetime and Time?
I couldn't find any related demonstrations on the new demo site and documentation site.
Could you please provide examples to demonstrate the usage of these two custom field types?

Thank you.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #164265 by lcabezas
Do you have any documentation on HTTP Plugin? I'm asking a developer to develop for a new system.

Also, where in the Event form can we find if we want to enable this for a particular form? I remember we did this but we have option on each form if this will be passed on or not. 

Appreciate it very much. Thanks.
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by lcabezas.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164268 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [06-Feb-2024] Events Booking version 4.8.0 releases
Hi Lito

I haven't had a chance to write the documentation yet. Currently, we are having new year holiday, will try to write up documentation in the next one week after holiday

It is not possible to enable/disable for individual event at the moment. So if the plugin is enabled, data for registrations from all events will be posted to the configured URL

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #165065 by Joris
Tuan, maybe use my updated question for the webhook on categorie as core?
This way everybody can benifit from those extra features :-)

And as I said before I would call HTTP plugin Webhook plugin.
This is more mainstream I guess and sounds cool to support Webhook :-D
Maybe other agree or not agree on this?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #165066 by Joris
I was impatience and it send my form 2 times.. oops
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Joris.