Payment after approval?

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 1 month ago #150314 by jkosick
Payment after approval? was created by jkosick
Is there a way for people to register as pending without paying and an admin approve their registration and then they can pay by credit card?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #150323 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Payment after approval?
Hello

No, but there could be a workaround:

1. Users choose to register for event using offline payment method. So they actually do not pay at the time they perform registration

2. Admin can later, from Registrants Management screen, choose that registration (assume he approves the registration) and press Request Payment button in the toolbar

3. The will receive an email contains payment link. He can access to that link to make payment

Regards,

Tuan

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 1 month ago #150370 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic Payment after approval?
Thanks Tuan,

I think that will work for now. The only draw back is the credit card option is still shown on the checkout form. This is only an issue due to the credit card fees if the student is not selected for the course. Someone will be losing out on money in the event there has to be a refund. I have placed a message above the payment area to not use the credit card until requested. But will most likely be a problem at some point, since most people don't read all the info.

Perhaps a pay later option might be beneficial where the is an option to hide the other payment methods, and or ability to login later and pay as usual.

More
2 years 1 month ago #150378 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You can edit the event, look at Advanced Settings tab, choose offline payment for Payment Methods setting of the event, the Only Offline Payment will be displayed

Later, when you want users to pay, you can enable Credit Card Payment method again for that event. That should work

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: jkosick

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #155897 by Andrea Delton
Replied by Andrea Delton on topic Payment after approval?
I use Membership Pro. I followed the previous instructions but when the possibility of paying with PayPal is published, after the approval of the registration by the Board of Directors, for several days a new user would also see the PayPal system published and could use it when he shouldn't. I solved it like this:
1. in the table of payment methods put the offline method in first place
2. also left the PayPal method in the form but obscured with the css display: none
It works well, with the request email to complete the payment, the link to complete it arrives and the registration is activated and the registration summary email is sent.
I have only one problem: only the email confirming registration is sent but not the one with the invoice and the membership card.
To send them I must, each time, select the member and choose "Send mail".
Why does this happen? How can I get the invoice and card to arrive after the payment is completed?
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Andrea Delton.

More
1 year 2 months ago #155913 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Currently, we do not send invoice and member card in Subscription Payment Email. Need to think more about it. For the time being, could you get this file, unzip it, upload the received file to administrator/components/com_osmembership/libraries/mpf/payment folder, then check to see if it works as you want?

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments: