1. Support built-in QR Code Scanner For Check-in Registrants
Before version 3.17.2, you would need to use a mobile APP for checking registrants using QRCODE. From this release 3.17.2, we have a built-in QRCODE scanner which you can use to checkin registrants without requiring a mobile app. This is really useful, especially if you use Android devices, you do not have to buy an expensive app to checkin registrants now. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/advance...lt-in-qrcode-scanner for detailed documentation.
2. Improve ICS File Generation (PHP 7.2+ only)
We use a better library for generating ICS file for sites which use PHP 7.2+. This library allows passing more information to the ICS file and in case you register for multiple events using shopping cart, there would be only one ICS file contains all registered events (instead of separate ics files like in older version)
3. Improve Map Module
- Display special characters (like single quote, double quote) properly for event title in the map
- Map will always be displayed, even if it does not have any event at that time
4. Improve Layouts
We also tested the extensions on different template frameworks (T3, T4, Helix) and fixed some small issues with the layout of the extension on the template built from these popular template framework
5. Other Minor Improvements
- Improve reminder plugins, the Time Ranges parameter will also affect the plugin, even if you are using cron job. That allows you to send reminder emails in certain time range you want only, even with cron job (for example, only send reminder emails from 8am until 5pm)
- Improve Frontend Submit Event Form: Added Intro Text parameter to the menu item setting to allow you to add some text which will be displayed at the top of form to give instructions to your users.
6. Optional PHP 8 support for payment processing library
The core code of our extension works OK with PHP 8. However, for payment processing, some of payment plugins depend on a third party payment processing library called Omnipay. If you use some payment plugins such as Authorize.net, Eway and want to use PHP 8, please install this new library
(download, then go to Extensions -> Manage -> Install to install) and it will work well with PHP 8. If you still use PHP 7, no other actions is needed
7. Bugs Fixes
- Fixed fatal error on Joomla 4 when adding new speaker/sponsor
- Fixed select user popup when editing registrant from frontend on Joomla 4 when the registrants management page is in a sub menu item
Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these improvements and bugs fixes. Thanks for continue using our product and support our development. And just for information, for the next major release of Events Booking - version 4 - which we will start working on from tomorrow, we will raise PHP requirement to PHP 7.2.5+ (same with Joomla 4 requirements). That allows us to use better libraries, write better code, support PHP 8 to improve the extension. So if your site still runs on older version of PHP, please contact your hosting provider, ask them to change settings of your hosting account to use PHP 7.4 (or at least PHP 7.2.5) to be able to update to future releases of the extension.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geoffrey Smith, David Unwin, Frank K.
Thank you for the update. There may be a problem with the new "intro text'. menu option. The add event module simple.php gives an error on statement:
This error was when using XAMPP Joomla 4. I have not tested on Joomla 3.