[15-September-2021] Events Booking version 3.17.1 releases

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 7 months ago #146489 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Today, I am happy to announce new version of Events Booking 3.17.0 with the following changes:

1. Improved Custom Fields
Added two new settings to custom fields to make it more powerful and easier to use

Input Size : Control the size of the input: small, medium, large, extra large, ultra large.
- Container Size: Control how much space the field uses per row (Full With, 1/2, 1/3, 2/3, 1/4, 2/4, 3/4). With that setting, you can easily change the registration form to columns layout if needed (For example, First Name, Last Name is displayed in the first row, the next 3 fields displays on second row and saw on...). It works like a grid which allows you to build flexible registration form when it is needed.

2. Mailchimp Plugin Improvement
Now, Groups (Interests) in Mailchimp is supported. You can choose the groups/interests which registrants will be added to when they register for your events.

3. Improve Registrants Management

Added category filter so that you can filter for registration records from events of a select category if it is needed

4. Improve Mass Mail

You can now set Reply To Email when you send mass mail to registrants (both from frontend and backend)

5. Other improvements

Make radius search works for OpenStreetMap (it only works if you use Google Map before)
- Allow set first and second reminder email subject for event if needed
- Added config option to allow showing Registration Status on Public Registrants List
- Only show registration start date for event if it is greater than current date
- Allow using twitter bootstrap 5 for Joomla 3.
- Added a new config option to allow using Stacked form layout (only works for twitter bootstrap 2 and UIKIT at the moment)

6. Bugs Fixes:
- Fixed auto-complete address on frontend submit location form when OpenStreetMap is used
- Fixed bundle discount not working for percent on shopping cart.
- Fixed smart search plugin for Joomla 4.

Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these improvements and bugs fixes. Thanks for continue using our product and support our development. I will continue working hard to improve the product and make it better from time to time

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bas van Kollenburg, Zoe White

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #146512 by Alison
Thank you, "filter for registration records from events of a select category" will be sooooo useful :)

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 7 months ago #146515 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I'm glad you like it :)

More
2 years 7 months ago #146609 by Tony
This update fails to install. Throws the following errors:
Joomla\Filesystem\File::delete: Failed deleting inaccessible file autoload.php
Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: lib_omnipay.zip

I tried installing the component and various packages separately and the component installed and all modules and plugins installed ok but the two libraries refuse too.

Now my installation says its wanting to update even thought its showing the correct version.

Tony

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 7 months ago #146612 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Tony

This is a known issue from Joomla installation process when files permissions are not correct. Please follow instructions at eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/faqs/fi...ng-inaccessible-file to get the issue sorted

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony

More
2 years 7 months ago #146613 by Tony
Hi Tuan

I had already checked all the file permissions and ownership and they were correct, (but it is a development server so some weirdness could be present!) That tweak allowed it to work. Thank you.

Tony

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 7 months ago #146615 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes, there was a very long discussion on Joomla! github repo about that. I decided that is the best way to solve this issue, so I documented it on the extension documentation :)

Tuan

More
2 years 7 months ago #146664 by Volker Schmidt
Hi Tuan

This update fails to install. Throws the following errors:

SQLSTATE[22003]: Numeric value out of range: 1690 BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '`d0337fdf`.`mjmgo_menu`.`level` - 1'
Paket Aktualisierung: Bei der Installation der Erweiterung trat ein Fehler auf: com_eventbooking.zip

More
2 years 7 months ago #146670 by Joshua Goldberg
Hi Tuan,

This latest update has removed the "Event Custom Field" tab under configuration. Please restore it.

Kind regards,

Josh

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 7 months ago #146683 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Josh

No, we do not remove it. Please make sure you have Editor - CodeMirror plugin enabled and you will see the function available

Regards,

Tuan